Random Thoughts.....

Why the hell are the specs for this job in Japanese??? Ugh.

At least its in English right under it, but really. What contractor bidding a job in America needs specs in Japanese?

What the heck is "Java" and why does it never stop asking to make changes on my computer?

Actually a legit question posed as a random thought.

*Long thought*

I regret the feelings I have had toward Lynn.

With the sudden loss of John @BigJUGGY laying heavy on my heart, I learned this morning that an architect I've worked with for the last 2 years is on his death bed. This after seeing him at a job meeting 2 weeks ago.

I met him when we started a project near Hickory. He was a very arrogant "matter of fact" kinda guy. I assumed in his late 60's. His career was as the architect for Golden Corral. So he knew VERY little about school design. But he was disdainful and had a true intolerance for anyone (even moreso than most architects) refused to accept any input others had. This bit him in the ass once DPI reviewed his design, and EVERYTHING we warned him about came back as a rejection from state. This man would readily throw you under the bus, and would talk down to you, treating you like you were beneath him at every opportunity. He was never wrong, and you (as any kind of consultant) were just an UN-necessary evil.
I never disrespected the man, nor did I ever call him out, either privately nor publicly, despite truly deserving both. (If I LIKE you and you're a dick, I'm giving you all the hell I can, BECAUSE I like you, DESPITE being a dick) However, in my MIND I had envisioned choking him till the life left his body at nearly every meeting. I disliked him in a way that I've not experienced often in my life. I would learn later from the civil, client, power company, and GC that ultimately was awarded the contract, that I was not alone. This man was LOATHED by many.

This morning I learned that he's been living with colon, liver and bone cancer (spine) and was told a few years ago that even with treatment, he was a dead man walking.

That changed my perspective. I'm not sure HOW knowing my expiration date was looming would affect me. I'd LIKE to think that I'd quit work, take out my investments, and live life to it's fullest. But who could know. He's known he was dying soon since before I met him. Maybe he was a different person before. Maybe a NICE person. Also found out he's only 59, but looks nearly 70. I'm usually pretty dang good with my assessment of "people". I got this one totally wrong.

Regardless, I regret the FEELINGS (not actions...like I said, I was nice to the man) I had toward him. And I also hope to learn from this. If I'm in a similar situation, I don't want people to be glad I'm there. I want them to think highly of me, and feel I respected them, treating them like they matter.

Fuck him. Being given a death notice doesn't give anyone the right to treat everyone around them like shit.

I would quit my job immediately after receiving the notice that death is near. Why the hell would I want to get up every day and go to work? Fawk that.

So after the other week seeing my son light up like the sun watching drag racing, I really want to build something fast :shaking: Thinking the 76 F100 of my dads sitting in the driveway is gonna get some love in the coming years. Thinking a 4 link, crown vic front end, maybe some air bags :D, unsure on the motor but I'd like to have a turbo for some serious hoonin' :driver:

I would quit my job immediately after receiving the notice that death is near. Why the hell would I want to get up every day and go to work? Fawk that.

Maybe because your company provided or supplemented health insurance is the only way you can afford treatment to prolong life or quality of life, and company life insurance is the only way to provide for your family once you're gone...

Maybe because your company provided or supplemented health insurance is the only way you can afford treatment to prolong life or quality of life, and company life insurance is the only way to provide for your family once you're gone...

Good point about insurance.

People like the guy he described have no friends or family anymore, the job and perceived power is the only thing he's got why would he quit.

So after the other week seeing my son light up like the sun watching drag racing, I really want to build something fast :shaking: Thinking the 76 F100 of my dads sitting in the driveway is gonna get some love in the coming years. Thinking a 4 link, crown vic front end, maybe some air bags :D, unsure on the motor but I'd like to have a turbo for some serious hoonin' :driver:
Yeah I gotta gets Jakes Caddi back together,he's been/being patient about it but I know he's ready top be ridin it.Barring and unforeseen hang ups a couple of days would do it.

*Long thought*

I regret the feelings I have had toward Lynn.

With the sudden loss of John @BigJUGGY laying heavy on my heart, I learned this morning that an architect I've worked with for the last 2 years is on his death bed. This after seeing him at a job meeting 2 weeks ago.

I met him when we started a project near Hickory. He was a very arrogant "matter of fact" kinda guy. I assumed in his late 60's. His career was as the architect for Golden Corral. So he knew VERY little about school design. But he was disdainful and had a true intolerance for anyone (even moreso than most architects) refused to accept any input others had. This bit him in the ass once DPI reviewed his design, and EVERYTHING we warned him about came back as a rejection from state. This man would readily throw you under the bus, and would talk down to you, treating you like you were beneath him at every opportunity. He was never wrong, and you (as any kind of consultant) were just an UN-necessary evil.
I never disrespected the man, nor did I ever call him out, either privately nor publicly, despite truly deserving both. (If I LIKE you and you're a dick, I'm giving you all the hell I can, BECAUSE I like you, DESPITE being a dick) However, in my MIND I had envisioned choking him till the life left his body at nearly every meeting. I disliked him in a way that I've not experienced often in my life. I would learn later from the civil, client, power company, and GC that ultimately was awarded the contract, that I was not alone. This man was LOATHED by many.

This morning I learned that he's been living with colon, liver and bone cancer (spine) and was told a few years ago that even with treatment, he was a dead man walking.

That changed my perspective. I'm not sure HOW knowing my expiration date was looming would affect me. I'd LIKE to think that I'd quit work, take out my investments, and live life to it's fullest. But who could know. He's known he was dying soon since before I met him. Maybe he was a different person before. Maybe a NICE person. Also found out he's only 59, but looks nearly 70. I'm usually pretty dang good with my assessment of "people". I got this one totally wrong.

Regardless, I regret the FEELINGS (not actions...like I said, I was nice to the man) I had toward him. And I also hope to learn from this. If I'm in a similar situation, I don't want people to be glad I'm there. I want them to think highly of me, and feel I respected them, treating them like they matter.

I have been in a somewhat similar situation recently.

The good me says never make assumptions about a person untill you have walked a mile in their shoes......

The realistic me says treat others as they treat you....

The normal me says I have no influence over the outcome of another person's health, so F them for being a dick.

I would guess the respectable way to treat other people, regardless of how they treat you, is a realistic semi good me.......

Talk to my Husband about life an death. He's watch an been there when several his close friends of his has died. Recently found out one of his therapist commuted suicide. He still ask why is he still alive,he survived a wood chipper back in 97. Lets just say scars are plenty on him as well as PTSD from work. So far he won't let any one upset him,he just smiles an will tell them they have bigger problems. Jody knows of him. If some one pisses you off smile,if you cant leave. They have a bigger problem then you.If you work with them remember Happy Gilmore,happy place,happy place.

Saw this posted on another forum and I thought it was spot on:
When did we the people give congress the authority to represent illegal immigrants, over American citizens? We didn't! You have been hired to serve the americans that elected you and nobody else.
Gonna copy that for sure! Absolute TRUTH.

On a lighter side....have you ever neglected to clean up a vehicle for so long...once washed you where immediately embarrassed about driving it in the previous condition?

Lord, I hope my truck don't have feelings!

On a lighter side....have you ever neglected to clean up a vehicle for so long...once washed you where immediately embarrassed about driving it in the previous condition?

Lord, I hope my truck don't have feelings!

Yes, that did happen to me back when I used to drive cool cars. Now I drive a mini-van, and a clean mini-van doesn't really rank any higher than a dirty mini-van on the cool scale, so my van stays dirty, LOL.

Anyone else ever wanted a ticker installed on your front and rear windshield and a keyboard so that when someone cuts you off, you can send them a little message for them to read? Or maybe just one of those guns from 2fast2furious that disables cars.
I've considered this many times. One of those bright red LED scrolling message boards, like a light bar to communicate with morons.

I've considered this many times. One of those bright red LED scrolling message boards, like a light bar to communicate with morons.

Yall are both under the assumptions that the driver in question can even read.

This work week kinda sucks....

I just wanna go back to the lake and live like they do in country songs.
Adulting isn't in many of those songs anymore.
Go back a decade or so.....more crying, bitching, losing your girl to rascals, and paying taxes.

Anyone else ever wanted a ticker installed on your front and rear windshield and a keyboard so that when someone cuts you off, you can send them a little message for them to read? Or maybe just one of those guns from 2fast2furious that disables cars.

Yall are both under the assumptions that the driver in question can even read.

There's a reason I haven't done it! :D

I like the honk, point the finger @ them when they look, along w the tongue poking the cheek, hand stroking "you suck" gesture.

Last edited:
Back