Random Thoughts.....

I do appreciate the help, but I can't see a darn thing in your screenshot. Paint probably compressed the that out of it when you saved it.

Here's what it looks like on my end. View attachment 292923
Here, I fixed it for you.
Got this enhanced version from my buddy William Barr.
dave is trustworthy.png

Something about rowing gears on a V8 with exhaust just puts a smile on your face. So damn glad I got my POS back on the road after 12 years.

Last edited:
The waste of time fretting over the thoughts and actions of a crazy person will only make you even crazier. Let it be.
This is even better if that crazy person is yourself...

Why do the people who can’t weld worth a damn, critique those that can weld half decent?

Why do the people who can’t weld worth a damn, critique those that can weld half decent?
ever people-watched at a sporting event? (either live or on TV)

I think they call it arm chair quarterbacking?
That, or a loud-mouth dickfer...which could describe both the critic of the welder AND the sports figure. Either way, people suck

Family Businesses:

The First Generation Works Hard to create a successful business.
The Second Prospers from it.
The Third runs it into the ground.
The Fourth thinks they are the second generation

Aaaahhh...

You go for a run first thing in the morning, come home dripping with sweaty nastiness.
Jump in the shower, get all clean, feeling nice and fresh.
Then pick up your sweat-soaked clothes off the bathroom floor to put away, including damp undies.
Eeeeeewwww.

(I think it's time to get a hamper for the bathroom)

what are "undies"?

Or NEVER plan on their plans not changing at the last minute.

My wife was pissed at me today because after making a decision (on plans) I didn't change my mind.
I said "Yeah, because I made the decision".
She said "But you can change your mind"
I said "But then it's not a decision"

*Crickets*

Family Businesses:

The First Generation Works Hard to create a successful business.
The Second Prospers from it.
The Third runs it into the ground.
The Fourth thinks they are the second generation
They are selling a local millwright buisness the 25th that only made it to the 2nd gen in spite of the old mans hard work.It only took about 5 years of New houses,35K bass boats,late model dirt track and derby cars and other foolish spending to kill off the business.

They are selling a local millwright buisness the 25th that only made it to the 2nd gen in spite of the old mans hard work.It only took about 5 years of New houses,35K bass boats,late model dirt track and derby cars and other foolish spending to kill off the business.

I know of a couple business that have this problem. Most from what I can tell the second generation never had to work from the bottom up or thought how to run it, just handed over and say it’s yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know of a couple business that have this problem. Most from what I can tell the second generation never had to work from the bottom up or thought how to run it, just handed over and say it’s yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know the grandsons real well and from what I can tell one of their main problems was they didn't wanna work out of town,just wanted to do local jobs which,IMO is unheard of for a millwright buisness.A couple of years ago I was at their shop using a band saw and there was a rear axle out of their late model on the bench.Dont remember the exact #'s but they had spent like $2500 in parts to lose 10-12 pounds on that rear.I ask if it wouldn't have been cheaper to put the driver on a diet.

As most of you know, i have been a single parent for two years now. My daughters are grown up and have my cynical personality.
Imagine that.
They both told me Happy Mothers Day today.
Being a Dad is the greatest thing ever. Period.
Being Mom/Dad is growing on me.
To all you Mothers out there, a :beer: from me!
Keep up the good work.
'Dre...

Isn't that called "every-boss-I-had-that-couldn't-do-my-job"?

*Long thought*

I regret the feelings I have had toward Lynn.

With the sudden loss of John @BigJUGGY laying heavy on my heart, I learned this morning that an architect I've worked with for the last 2 years is on his death bed. This after seeing him at a job meeting 2 weeks ago.

I met him when we started a project near Hickory. He was a very arrogant "matter of fact" kinda guy. I assumed in his late 60's. His career was as the architect for Golden Corral. So he knew VERY little about school design. But he was disdainful and had a true intolerance for anyone (even moreso than most architects) refused to accept any input others had. This bit him in the ass once DPI reviewed his design, and EVERYTHING we warned him about came back as a rejection from state. This man would readily throw you under the bus, and would talk down to you, treating you like you were beneath him at every opportunity. He was never wrong, and you (as any kind of consultant) were just an UN-necessary evil.
I never disrespected the man, nor did I ever call him out, either privately nor publicly, despite truly deserving both. (If I LIKE you and you're a dick, I'm giving you all the hell I can, BECAUSE I like you, DESPITE being a dick) However, in my MIND I had envisioned choking him till the life left his body at nearly every meeting. I disliked him in a way that I've not experienced often in my life. I would learn later from the civil, client, power company, and GC that ultimately was awarded the contract, that I was not alone. This man was LOATHED by many.

This morning I learned that he's been living with colon, liver and bone cancer (spine) and was told a few years ago that even with treatment, he was a dead man walking.

That changed my perspective. I'm not sure HOW knowing my expiration date was looming would affect me. I'd LIKE to think that I'd quit work, take out my investments, and live life to it's fullest. But who could know. He's known he was dying soon since before I met him. Maybe he was a different person before. Maybe a NICE person. Also found out he's only 59, but looks nearly 70. I'm usually pretty dang good with my assessment of "people". I got this one totally wrong.

Regardless, I regret the FEELINGS (not actions...like I said, I was nice to the man) I had toward him. And I also hope to learn from this. If I'm in a similar situation, I don't want people to be glad I'm there. I want them to think highly of me, and feel I respected them, treating them like they matter.

Back