Random Thoughts.....

Had this thought/remembrance today, out of the blue: I grew up watching Emergency! on TV. First came on when I was 9 years old (1972), and I was hooked. Always thought it was funnay, when they had the big fire/conflagration/explosion/wreck/rescue finale of each episode, when they had 10,000 feet of hose on the ground, ropes and ladders and gear everywhere, and they'd always radio in something like "Fire under control. Will be clear and available and in station in 15 minutes."

It's been 30 years, but I seem to remember real life being more like knocking a fire out and mopping up in 15 minutes, then the next six hours spent rolling hose, rinsing and hanging wet hose, repacking hose bed, etc, etc, etc. I think they got it backwards.

This is what happens when I lay in bed awake for 3 hours:

Would I get the ban hammer if I said what I was really thinking when responding to threads on here? I just deleted something I typed 3 or 4 times because I felt it came off as too much of a smart ass and would be considered instigating someone’s future butthurt. Mainly because people get their panties in a wad when they listen to respond instead of listening to understand.

Does that mean I can’t make preteen butt and gay jokes because I’m 31 and maturing?

Do you ever get customers/friends/club members that have no clue how to build the rig they want or what it takes to build that rig? Do you feel bad because you have to break it down Barney style for them but they still can’t wrap their mind around how it all works as a system. Sometimes if you don’t have the budget to build badass shit, mediocre shit that’s well balanced out preforms.

I can’t stand JK owners/drivers because they are stuck in a box because they form bias opinions on setups and parts based on forum experiences. But in those forum experiences many are dopamine seekers showing they have the latest and greatest Jeep product. Made me reflect on my own threads, I hope people respond with constructive criticism and really careless about the likes. The likes don’t push me to do better. Telling me I need to step back and adjust fire does.

I use to use the built not bought hashtag/saying then I realized I ain’t nothing compared to some of my automotive heroes who build the frame and everything else. There is some amazingly talented builders in this forum.

Speaking of heroes; June 7th is sneaking up upon us, ‘tis the day a personal friend of mine lost his life to a IED in Afghanistan. I often think about how his daughter will remember him, she was 3 when he was KIA in 2012, 9 months after graduating from sand hill.

I’ve really gotta get my POS on the road to get out an meet some of y’all so we can laugh at my who knows if I can actually wheel skillz. Spoiler alert, I’m slightly worried I’ll forget the k5 is 1ft wider than the Jeep.

My Jeep needs a lot of TLC.

This is what happens when I lay in bed awake for 3 hours:

Would I get the ban hammer if I said what I was really thinking when responding to threads on here? I just deleted something I typed 3 or 4 times because I felt it came off as too much of a smart ass and would be considered instigating someone’s future butthurt. Mainly because people get their panties in a wad when they listen to respond instead of listening to understand.

Does that mean I can’t make preteen butt and gay jokes because I’m 31 and maturing?

Do you ever get customers/friends/club members that have no clue how to build the rig they want or what it takes to build that rig? Do you feel bad because you have to break it down Barney style for them but they still can’t wrap their mind around how it all works as a system. Sometimes if you don’t have the budget to build badass shit, mediocre shit that’s well balanced out preforms.

I can’t stand JK owners/drivers because they are stuck in a box because they form bias opinions on setups and parts based on forum experiences. But in those forum experiences many are dopamine seekers showing they have the latest and greatest Jeep product. Made me reflect on my own threads, I hope people respond with constructive criticism and really careless about the likes. The likes don’t push me to do better. Telling me I need to step back and adjust fire does.

I use to use the built not bought hashtag/saying then I realized I ain’t nothing compared to some of my automotive heroes who build the frame and everything else. There is some amazingly talented builders in this forum.

Speaking of heroes; June 7th is sneaking up upon us, ‘tis the day a personal friend of mine lost his life to a IED in Afghanistan. I often think about how his daughter will remember him, she was 3 when he was KIA in 2012, 9 months after graduating from sand hill.

I’ve really gotta get my POS on the road to get out an meet some of y’all so we can laugh at my who knows if I can actually wheel skillz. Spoiler alert, I’m slightly worried I’ll forget the k5 is 1ft wider than the Jeep.

My Jeep needs a lot of TLC.

1.If I was one of the people you felt like telling off, go for it. Dont think anyone would ever get banned for telling me off.

2. Most 4 door jk owners are d bags. But most of them say xj owners are d bags.

3. I like preteen butt jokes. I am 39, and have the sense of humor of a 7 year old.

4. As for the people on this forum, I spend 10 hours setting up a gear set, and some of them can do better in 2 hours. I feel like the guy who finished second to last at the special Olympics.

5. The entire wider than the last vehicle happened to me last summer. Apparantly a 100 series cruiser is much wider than a tj.....

6. Everyone's jeep, including mine, needs alot of TLC.

Otherwise, it would be a toyota....

Oh about the spartan locker out back? Lol nah, that’s just because each vehicle reacts a little differently. So many different variables change your experience with them.

You mean like the blue toyota that's in the blue Chevrolet thread? I wanna call it "project toylet" but not sure the owner would find the humor in it. Toy(ota/Chevro)let.

I just looked at that build thread. Looks like a good start to a cool yoter.
Sad the guy building it is too cheap to buy good gloves.......

I just looked at that build thread. Looks like a good start to a cool yoter.
Sad the guy building it is too cheap to buy good gloves.......
I had thicker gloves but I don't like thick gloves. Need to look into some like driving gloves or something. I love having dexterity the mech gloves give. Even though they are not flame retardant, most of the time when I'm welding they are sufficient (mostly to prevent arc burn.. I'll wear heavy long sleeves in summer to avoid Arc burn) just didn't expect all the flying hot metal to come back at my hand. It was the body mount section that did it to me.

I had thicker gloves but I don't like thick gloves. Need to look into some like driving gloves or something. I love having dexterity the mech gloves give. Even though they are not flame retardant, most of the time when I'm welding they are sufficient (mostly to prevent arc burn.. I'll wear heavy long sleeves in summer to avoid Arc burn) just didn't expect all the flying hot metal to come back at my hand. It was the body mount section that did it to me.

MIG gloves ftw. :cool:

Thin material, keeps dexterity, protects from spatter and flash burn. Don't hold things you welded for too long though...these don't protect from heat anywhere near as well as standard arc welding gloves.

What moron decided they should put raisins in trail mix? :shaking:

Sooooo, i tore my rig all to hell at the Dixie Run last September. Finally got it fixed, loaded on the trailer and going wheeling tomorrow for the first time in 6 months.
What could possibly go wrong?
@Susan5679 will tell you fawkers the truth. I promise...

I bet I have spent a cumulative year of my life trying to open drug packs like Benadryl that have the damn paper to peel back and expose the foil to get to the single pill... fuck that guy who designed those things.

I bet I have spent a cumulative year of my life trying to open drug packs like Benadryl that have the damn paper to peel back and expose the foil to get to the single pill... fuck that guy who designed those things.
If it weren't for those packs the amount of meth on the market would be double.

I'm speechless :shaking:

Back