Random pic thread.

Hope none of y'all are on 77 North just outside of Rock Hill. It's always eerie when there's zero traffic on the interstate for a mile, especially during rush hour.
IMG_20191122_073151.jpg

Varys. A lot. Even different jobs by the same contractor (or self contractor). Many factors to influence the decision.

Mine for very similar building was a monolithic pour. 6" slab, thicker footings (18") at edges, 4'x5'x2.5' column footer at each column base.

That was right for my situation. Different site, different soils, different time schedule, different etc, would/could/might/may be done any number of different ways.
Thanks. I know I want a shop behind the house in Camden I have yet to figure out many details other than size. Still on the fence on metal versus stick built. Still trying to figure out budget too.

Cant call somebody for a biscuit?
I thought about you, and then thought about you again when I got off on 21 and headed down to Fort Lawn, but I was on a mission with no time to spare.

I thought about you, and then thought about you again when I got off on 21 and headed down to Fort Lawn, but I was on a mission with no time to spare.
So you were like a mile from my house. Should I call the FD?

what was in ft lawn?

Somebody came by the office today!

20191122_161724.jpg

Seen on facebook, obviously. I thought it was pretty clever :lol:

View attachment 306864

Way too many years ago, when I was in college (damn, I’m an old f’er now) I dated a girl who’s dad was pissed at the local kids. The lived out in the country and would drive by and slam his plastic trash cans and smash them to bits. One day he had enough and filled one with concrete. We heard a horrendous crash, followed by squealing tires. By the time we got out to the main road there was shattered and part of a fender and grill laying in the road. His concrete filled trash can was laying in the ditch, fully intact.

First time a pickup has delivered to us. It was 17000lbs of steel on the trailer. A few short pieces. The longer plates are .433 gauge an 476”x 82”.
View attachment 306848
Hot shots are the o to or anything they an carry now days. Especially in steel moving.

Way too many years ago, when I was in college (damn, I’m an old f’er now) I dated a girl who’s dad was pissed at the local kids. The lived out in the country and would drive by and slam his plastic trash cans and smash them to bits. One day he had enough and filled one with concrete. We heard a horrendous crash, followed by squealing tires. By the time we got out to the main road there was shattered and part of a fender and grill laying in the road. His concrete filled trash can was laying in the ditch, fully intact.
My buddy’s grandpa did something similar. He lived in town. He’d rake his leaves in a big pile by the road and the city would scoop them up at certain times. The hell raisers would drive through at night and speed through the piles of leaves undoing all of his work. This happened on several occasions. The next time, he took an anvil from his shop, put it by the road, and raked all of his leaves over it. He said he heard some carnage in the night. Next morning there were various chunks of metal with a trail of fluids in the street.

My buddy’s grandpa did something similar. He lived in town. He’d rake his leaves in a big pile by the road and the city would scoop them up at certain times. The hell raisers would drive through at night and speed through the piles of leaves undoing all of his work. This happened on several occasions. The next time, he took an anvil from his shop, put it by the road, and raked all of his leaves over it. He said he heard some carnage in the night. Next morning there were various chunks of metal with a trail of fluids in the street.

I've seen cinder blocks put out every 10' or so then covered with leaves. Fortunately, my neighbors are all old and don't raise much hell anymore.

Back