Random pic thread.

I like my chain wrench. The starter trick does work, but I don't like doing that.. never tried it on the 1.7 Honda's though. Always just gave them a good boot with the crank locked down in the control arm with the special tool.

Gotta watch the Hondas, some of them turn backward compared to most engines, which ones I don't know, just know its a thing to watch for.

I like my chain wrench. The starter trick does work, but I don't like doing that.. never tried it on the 1.7 Honda's though. Always just gave them a good boot with the crank locked down in the control arm with the special tool.
I have never had a problem with the 1.7 honda crank bolts. They dont seem any tighter than any other honda crank. Do you have a 3/4" impact? I rarely even use the crank tool for removal. My mg725 wont get many of them loose so I dont even try, I just grab my big gun and move on. If I had to spend more than 30 seconds on the crank bolt, I would be pissed. Im a flat rate tech so I need to have the job done in less than 45 minutes.

On my in this morning looking at the exhaust of the X1 best i can figure it is a fake! I understand the symmetry but why would you not run two tips out the muffler at least! two X3's passed me and both exhaust tips were the same.:shaking:
x1ex.jpg

On my in this morning looking at the exhaust of the X1 best i can figure it is a fake! I understand the symmetry but why would you not run two tips out the muffler at least! two X3's passed me and both exhaust tips were the same.:shaking:View attachment 293734

Kenworth builds trucks with dual exhaust, and the LHS vertical pipe runs under the cab and isn't connected to anything.

On my in this morning looking at the exhaust of the X1 best i can figure it is a fake! I understand the symmetry but why would you not run two tips out the muffler at least! two X3's passed me and both exhaust tips were the same.:shaking:View attachment 293734

A lot of cars have fake duals from the factory. Its usually easy to spot because there's a clean tip and a dirty tip, and of course nothing visible coming out when its cold outside.
Sometimes the lower trims or lower engine options have the fakes.

I have never had a problem with the 1.7 honda crank bolts. They dont seem any tighter than any other honda crank. Do you have a 3/4" impact? I rarely even use the crank tool for removal. My mg725 wont get many of them loose so I dont even try, I just grab my big gun and move on. If I had to spend more than 30 seconds on the crank bolt, I would be pissed. Im a flat rate tech so I need to have the job done in less than 45 minutes.
it's been on my list of stuff to get, just hadn't justified it yet. Flat rate here too, but it's just me running the whine show. The book is a lot more than 45 min on a 3.4 optioned 4 runner.

it's been on my list of stuff to get, just hadn't justified it yet. Flat rate here too, but it's just me running the whine show. The book is a lot more than 45 min on a 3.4 optioned 4 runner.
Yeah totally different beast. I only work on hondas so no idea on the yota stuff. I used to have a customer at chicago pneumatic that would hook me up with free stuff all the time. Thats how I got the big gun.

What I saw today visiting a Medical Clinic? Craftsman Tool Box, was in a back waiting room, where you get more test.
Crash Cart? o_O
The anesthesiologist came rollin one in the room to give Tonya her epidural when Jake was born.That was 20 years ago this Sept.

What I saw today visiting a Medical Clinic? Craftsman Tool Box, was in a back waiting room, where you get more test.
Crash Cart? o_O

When my mom first moved to assisted living, she wanted a lockable cabinet of some sort for her jewelry. I got her a nice stainless steel tool chest....the shallow drawers, and lots of them, were perfect for organizing and laying stuff out. All the other women at the apartments loved it. I figured when she downsized again, I'd have a nice SS tool box for the shop. Well, last fall she downsized to a single room on the main hall. And my wife now has a nice SS tool chest in her closet to store trinkets in. :(

Crash Cart? o_O
The bride has used one for her make-up for YEARS. I suggested using a tool box after the rickety "karts" they sell at those big make-up stores kept falling apart.

IMG_1700.JPG

Rolls right into the closet when we have guests that want the tour of the house

The bride has used one for her make-up for YEARS. I suggested using a tool box after the rickety "karts" they sell at those big make-up stores kept falling apart.

View attachment 293827

Thats a lot of makeup. My wife uses one of those cheap kiddo tackle boxs for hers. I think Christmas is the last time she opened it.

Are you walking those pups through the white squirrel festival this weekend?

Sorry, but they won't. Way too hot for Jasper to be outside on asphalt. My wife is taking him for a waterfall hike while I'm wheeling all day.
While you're in Brevard, check out Upcountry Brewing beside Squatch Bikes. They have some killer brews and next door to them is an awesome restaurant called Magpie.
That's a great festival. There's also one in downtown Hendersonville all weekend if you're interested.

Thats a lot of makeup.

It's her "hobby" if you will. She does my daughters for prom and special events, and this year, my youngest "pimped her out" to do a couple of friends for prom as well. My wife loves it.

20150418_132724.jpg

It's her "hobby" if you will. She does my daughters for prom and special events, and this year, my youngest "pimped her out" to do a couple of friends for prom as well. My wife loves it.

View attachment 293829

Whatever floats her boat. Probably cheaper the guns and jeeps.

While you're in Brevard, check out Upcountry Brewing beside Squatch Bikes. They have some killer brews and next door to them is an awesome restaurant called Magpie.
Take this man's advice! He knows what he speaketh

That's a great festival. There's also one in downtown Hendersonville all weekend if you're interested.

Thanks! We’ll make Magpie our lunch spot. I’ll try to squeeze in Hendersonville as well. Sunday we’re hitting the hiking trails you shared.

View attachment 293827

Need to talk to my wife into something like this for her crafting stuff. She's got some cheapo plastic thing that is currently buckling under the weight of its contents.

Back