Random pic thread.

Fire truck responding to call involved in separate crash in Asheville
Fire truck responding to call involved in separate crash in Asheville

why is a ladder truck responding to a traffic accident? :confused: for that matter, why are any fire trucks responding to non-fires? doesn't anyone remember the 70's TV show Emergency!
Squad_51.jpg

doesn't anyone remember the 70's TV show Emergency!
Squad_51.jpg
Scrolled down to see this pic before I read what you wrote and immediately thought it looked like a truck from that show.......oh......WTH was the name.... then gave up and read your post.

Was not disappointed

why is a ladder truck responding to a traffic accident? :confused: for that matter, why are any fire trucks responding to non-fires? doesn't anyone remember the 70's TV show Emergency!
Squad_51.jpg
Manpower in many cases, that’s how you get more people on scene
This was for an wreck a few intersections down
just happened to catch it On dash cam

Squad_51.jpg
Yep I watched that. I was proud and felt like I did something right when I found out one of my boys watched it.

Yep I watched that. I was proud and felt like I did something right when I found out one of my boys watched it.
That was real tv not reality tv, more true to life and not fabricated drama
Wife has the whole box set on DVD

Because of idiots. $1mil rig to block traffic so texting grandma doesn't run thru the scene at 70.

Saw an article once that some municipalities had tried going to heavy trucks just as blockers, but lawsuits followed. A fire truck is "supposed" to be at a crash, not a dump truck painted red and full of sand.

Plus (just my guess)...federal funding. More calls, more money. Why do you think places like NYC do such a big deal about an unattended package? No, it's not about terrorism. It's about allocating resources to a suspected "terrorism" event, and the federal grant money that it opens up.

Squad_51.jpg

As stated, traffic blocker. Many ladder/truck companies are rescue companies. They will carry most of your extrication/cribbing/rescue and hand tools. Bigger accidents call for heavy rescue.

As stated, traffic blocker. Many ladder/truck companies are rescue companies. They will carry most of your extrication/cribbing/rescue and hand tools. Bigger accidents call for heavy rescue.[/QUOTE
If you think back, Rescue 51, went alone to house & person calls. Engine 51 rolled on wrecks, rescues, & fires. I still watch it to, along with Adam 12! Still get a kick out of the Ambassador's they rolled in on 1 or 2 seasons. And they Were former LA Police cars, & had the 401 engine. Interesting article under Goggle on the AMC & Dodge cars!

In another life I would own this :)

5357ef6515f4aefa8f5dbb8ba5a4435a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That thing has got to be a pain to back. After driving my spot truck to move trailers, I hate the unresponsiveness of my regular tractor. I can't imagine how aggravating that would be to back. *turn the wheel full lock. Back up 20ft. I wonder when/if the trailer will ever change directions*

Some parking added finally, got tired of parking in the grass. Still have some more to add. Also did some grading around the shop to help keep water away. Major thanks to @rcalexander105 all did work, I just watched with a rake in my hand pretending to be important.
20200711_202316.jpg

20200711_203132.jpg

Resized_20200711_151641.jpeg

Back