Random pic thread.

IMG_20200531_084958.jpg

We got friends coming in 3 hours for a cookout.

This is one of the grills I am using. Fell apart when I moved it, so "quick" repair.

6aa4bc349296de7328814f9f7b7980bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back in business. Guests are running a little late, so perfect timing.

abcec6280036209aac2f80ffcc37d24f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We think we have a skunk living under the deck. I set up the camera the last two nights (don't mind the date, it's not right). Any one got any tips for getting rid of these things. I don't have a trap. Oh and we have a coon getting the trash but that's easy to fix.

View attachment 318857

View attachment 318858

View attachment 318859

Havahart with chicken bones in it (I use scraps from a rotisserie chicken) set it where you can access it easily. Once you have the racing striped kitty in the trap, hold a large single colored towel or sheet up over yourself and slowly approach. If it starts bouncing its front feet then back off and let it calm down. Once you get close gently lay the towel over the cage. Once it is over the cage you can pick it up and tote it safely anywhere. I have caught several around my place like this. Animal control said to submerge trap in water after you catch them. I have "heard" that releasing them from the trap and using a 12ga with buckshot keeps them from spraying. The first one I ever caught was purely by accident and I had no idea what to do so I shot him in the cranial region while still in the trap with a 22 magnum. WRONG ANSWER!!! I could not use the backdoor of the house for 4 days, it was awful. I was also told that if you use a squirrel sized trap they cannot raise their tail to spray but I have not tried that. YMMV and check your local laws before trying anything you read on the interwebs.

Havahart with chicken bones in it (I use scraps from a rotisserie chicken) set it where you can access it easily. Once you have the racing striped kitty in the trap, hold a large single colored towel or sheet up over yourself and slowly approach. If it starts bouncing its front feet then back off and let it calm down. Once you get close gently lay the towel over the cage. Once it is over the cage you can pick it up and tote it safely anywhere. I have caught several around my place like this. Animal control said to submerge trap in water after you catch them. I have "heard" that releasing them from the trap and using a 12ga with buckshot keeps them from spraying. The first one I ever caught was purely by accident and I had no idea what to do so I shot him in the cranial region while still in the trap with a 22 magnum. WRONG ANSWER!!! I could not use the backdoor of the house for 4 days, it was awful. I was also told that if you use a squirrel sized trap they cannot raise their tail to spray but I have not tried that. YMMV and check your local laws before trying anything you read on the interwebs.
Why I said high power. Gotta blow em apart instantly to prevent spray. Of course, only while they're in season.

We think we have a skunk living under the deck. I set up the camera the last two nights (don't mind the date, it's not right). Any one got any tips for getting rid of these things. I don't have a trap. Oh and we have a coon getting the trash but that's easy to fix.

View attachment 318857

View attachment 318858

View attachment 318859
Old school rabbit gum. Once inside I doubt it would spray.
Haul it to where ever to do what ever.
Build it out of cheap ply wood or scrap. Bait with some fruit or table scraps.

OG Holland, nice!

I think that's from at least around 1990. My dad bought it around then, I took it when we got married in 2002 and built our first house. Painted it a couple of times, had to replace the drip pan a couple of years ago. 30 years out of a grill isn't bad. Never had a cover on it. Don't really like it for burgers and steaks (except for on the infrared side burner I added a while back). It's great for doing taters, corn, veggies and stuff because it's an even constant temperature of about 350-375. Usually end up with the Holland filled with that stuff, and the steaks, burgers, fish, whatever main course on the Weber Genesis II.

The repair I did today was a patch job. Didn't have time to weld it up, so put in a new bottom with self-drill, self-tap screws. Works and looks good enough I will probably leave it alone until it needs another patch.

Does burn better, though...did a good cleaning on the burner while it was out.

I think that's from at least around 1990. My dad bought it around then, I took it when we got married in 2002 and built our first house. Painted it a couple of times, had to replace the drip pan a couple of years ago. 30 years out of a grill isn't bad. Never had a cover on it. Don't really like it for burgers and steaks (except for on the infrared side burner I added a while back). It's great for doing taters, corn, veggies and stuff because it's an even constant temperature of about 350-375. Usually end up with the Holland filled with that stuff, and the steaks, burgers, fish, whatever main course on the Weber Genesis II.

The repair I did today was a patch job. Didn't have time to weld it up, so put in a new bottom with self-drill, self-tap screws. Works and looks good enough I will probably leave it alone until it needs another patch.

Does burn better, though...did a good cleaning on the burner while it was out.

Yeah they're great for everything but red meat. They just don't get hot enough for steaks. My granddad is friends with Brad Holland so we have been Holland grill folks from their start. You can't beat a pork chop or chicken breast off a holland.

Made some absolute killer porch chops tonight...

Bought a huge pork loin last week, forty eight bucks worth. Cut it into thirds, each one about 10" long. Cooked biggest section last night, sous vide, at 144*, coated in cajun rub. Today, pulled it from the fridge, cut in 1" slices, and marinated in some Coconut Mango marinade (from Food Lion, i think brand was something like Impressions). Set the Holland infrared side burner on high, and put them on long enough to make nice sear marks and warm up -- maybe 2 minutes per side.

Pity my one guest that has Alpha Gal and just got a piece of plain chicken breast.

Old school rabbit gum. Once inside I doubt it would spray.
Haul it to where ever to do what ever.
Build it out of cheap ply wood or scrap. Bait with some fruit or table scraps.
I'll check it out

Me and the fam took a trip to Pigeon Forge yesterday. I saw this mini golf course on a Top 10 internet list. It was number one and close so I figured why not. We were not disappointed. Fun course, super fast greens, and very well maintained.

IMG_20200531_171413.jpg

IMG_20200531_170619.jpg

IMG_20200531_184134.jpg

About 2 minutes after waking up, my little boy Tasmanian devils anywhere his toys are kept. It’s impressive to watch how quickly the destruction goes down. All one handed while drinking some chocolate milk. View attachment 318958 View attachment 318959 View attachment 318960
My boys are the exact same. My wife organized their playroom the other day and after nap took them up there to play. As soon as the 3yr old walk in she said he looked at her and said "Imma tear this room up" lol

This dosn't seem like a great time to be licking surfaces people put their hands all over

There is no tongue action (something you never want to have to tell a cellmate prior to "initiation")

Drove out to Bryson City this weekend, hiked to the top of a mountain (the name of which I do not know) and got to check out the views from a fire watch tower. The pooch was dragging at the top, but full speed on the way back to the jeep.

Also rolled well past the warranty period on the XJ during the trip....even the extended warranty scams won't cover me now!

Attachments

• IMG_20200530_143448162.jpg
    IMG_20200530_143448162.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20200527_152343374.jpg
    IMG_20200527_152343374.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 125
There is no tongue action (something you never want to have to tell a cellmate prior to "initiation")
Also what i tell my daughter's boyband.

Back