Random Metal Fab Fun.

The labels on those cans in the back left aren't all facing the same way...and the yellow bins aren't all level. Now my OCD is freaking out... :lol:

All seriousness though...that chit's hot!
The pooper chair is missing a bucket. Must have been that chick from the other thread that stopped by. Pay $5 so you can get in the garage. :lol:

The pooper chair is missing a bucket. Must have been that chick from the other thread that stopped by. Pay $5 so you can get in the garage. :lol:
:lol:

I keep telling myself I have to. I really have to...I'd do it right now, but I can't get onto PayPal at work. I'll probably do it either tomorrow or Wednesday. I damn well better get off my wallet sooner than later, before my wife takes it away from me again! :lol:

This stuff does the OCD some good...

69c855fcf363e0567e4ace9233c00030.jpg
24d6d20ee1244755b1c5a560ff25114f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

Lotta money in/on that table. I'm jealous. I need to pull that trigger soon, too. Trying to decide if I want to go certi-flat or step up to a build pro.

Lotta money in/on that table. I'm jealous. I need to pull that trigger soon, too. Trying to decide if I want to go certi-flat or step up to a build pro.
Just over 2g with lift gate shipping. But I ordered at blem price, around $700 for the fab block itself, almost half price... with another total order discount on the entire cart of $350. Spent more on tools and accessories than I did the block and legs/ casters. Been saving for this a long time. Bout to get serious here at Cutler Fab, lots to do and lots more on the calendar.

Build pro is badass, but if I need to get that serious on true flat, I would by the cast plates table kit from fireball-for the price, so very nice.

I’m glad to see Fireball tool mentioned on here. The wife bought me one of the mini squares for Christmas (cause that’s all we can afford) and I knew I wasn’t the only one drooling over their stuff. I can barely justify putting that square to use.

Just over 2g with lift gate shipping. But I ordered at blem price, around $700 for the fab block itself, almost half price... with another total order discount on the entire cart of $350. Spent more on tools and accessories than I did the block and legs/ casters. Been saving for this a long time. Bout to get serious here at Cutler Fab, lots to do and lots more on the calendar.

Build pro is badass, but if I need to get that serious on true flat, I would by the cast plates table kit from fireball-for the price, so very nice.

I hadn't seen their kit yet. I'm gonna have to look into that! You got a killer deal on that stuff. I've got a local laser guy who can cut me a 4x8 Certi-style table for a significant discount, but I'm just not sure if I want to spend that kind of money for a 1/4" top, or eat beans and rice a little longer and save up for a real fixture table. But honestly, I've built a lot of shit using a sheet of 3/4 mdf as my base for jigs. A lot of shit.

Quick tip, for anyone that may order from Certiflat.

Create an account. Build your shopping cart and take it all the way to check out without paying... and leave that screen open overnight. (I've done this on two occasions, completely by accident the first time...)

The next business day you will get an email to finish your order, with a significant discount. I got over $350 off on this order, originally priced over 2k. I had another a week earlier closer to 4k- but I decided to wait on a few items, and they sent me an order for $650 off that one.

I've had several companies do that lately, nothing this expensive though. Keysmart was the first time it happened. They probably have a batch process that runs overnight and automatically sends out discounts for any open carts.

I hadn't seen their kit yet. I'm gonna have to look into that! You got a killer deal on that stuff. I've got a local laser guy who can cut me a 4x8 Certi-style table for a significant discount, but I'm just not sure if I want to spend that kind of money for a 1/4" top, or eat beans and rice a little longer and save up for a real fixture table. But honestly, I've built a lot of shit using a sheet of 3/4 mdf as my base for jigs. A lot of shit.
I've built for 20+ years on wavy, crowned, 3/8 and 1/4 tops. For the money, and ease of assembly to get Certiflat tolerance and have the advantage of clamping the centre of the table, the difference of cost of a 'true flat' build pro table versus this style weld table- I can buy a lot more Chinese tools!

We're not building rockets, we're building shit that won't be square after the first heavy roll over or belly smash...Good enough for me and better than I've ever had before!

I'm no fabricator but I like to build stuff. I really need to learn to weld properly.... I love reading on this site because I learn of things like that certifit table that I could actually afford some day. Hell I spent 15 minutes watching the guy put it together.

Cobbled together a "third-hand" for my welding table.

Used some odd scrap metals I routinely collect from the electric company - mostly lineman pieces; brass, copper, some type of hydraulic crimping tool parts, and of course some 1.5" DOM tubing.

Brass feet, copper work tip; (to prevent arc blasts on a work piece. Rotating head, for extra adjustment from perpendicular to vertical. And leg extensions if it needs to get up and over the work piece better.

a355e8f3e1e90475413d5a51302da23b.jpg

7c90d47c59396a1079d7d935c58df5a2.jpg

88d145146707050b20328aad7911e4d0.jpg

ce3198d366aee54d66e5fe768539a37a.jpg

128bab88b9aa910d85ee3d9ed32f2352.jpg

2b939548e4ba099adfab50faebe0b47e.jpg

Matt

Sneak peek at one section of a World map we're building as an outdoor learning display for the public library. As if they didn't own enough of our art projects. :lol:
All .250" 3xx stainless segmented and installed in place. Overall dimensions of the map will be something like 20'x 60'. If I'm not too busy cutting everything on waterjet, I'll be out on site erecting this Goliath of an art piece. Will be following up on this as it progresses.
Started with South America.
IMG_20180531_112423720_HDR.jpg

Sneak peek at one section of a World map we're building as an outdoor learning display for the public library. As if they didn't own enough of our art projects. :lol:
All .250" 3xx stainless segmented and installed in place. Overall dimensions of the map will be something like 20'x 60'. If I'm not too busy cutting everything on waterjet, I'll be out on site erecting this Goliath of an art piece. Will be following up on this as it progresses.
View attachment 269520
Let me know when y'all get to installing all this stuff. I work across the street from the library.

Let me know when y'all get to installing all this stuff. I work across the street from the library.
Joe and Jason have been out there already. Will do!

View attachment 269520

That's awesome! You must have a blast at work.

My hand works great. Just don’t set them down.
Well, you never know when you'll have a "hold my beer and watch this" moment. They can happen anywhere. It's easy to tell you're hanging out with the right people when there's nobody left to hold the beer. :lol:

Well, you never know when you'll have a "hold my beer and watch this" moment. They can happen anywhere. It's easy to tell you're hanging out with the right people when there's nobody left to hold the beer. :lol:
That’s when you chug it. After the “hey y’all watch this” moment, grab another cold one from the cooler while waiting on the ambulance.

Some of us are getting too old for that kind of fun.....

Well, after some fabbing I built a nice grass flap over a few nights for my zero turn. It is basically a discharge blocker for mulching that can be opened and closed from the seat.

They sell for over 300 depending on the brand, I am proud of my home made model.

The handle simply overcenters against the spring on the flap (the spring pulls the flap into the closed position) which is self locking at that point.

Works like a charm, uses all factory holes so I did not drill into my mower and I could take it back stock in a few minutes.

I fabbed every piece from scrap I had and the knob was an old steering wheel ball I had.

20180610_070025.jpg
20180610_070042.jpg
20180610_070107.jpg
20180610_070120.jpg

My feeble fabrication attempt at some replacement door post for my '36. I made some plywood templates that fit pretty good as a guide for my metal. This would be the appropriate time to call something cobbled :D. But I think they might hold the doors on.....maybe

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back