Racing Against The Grain

kcox506

Migrating my build thread from NAXJA. Should have done this a long time ago. There’s been a lot happening this year so no better time then now. I get way more community/Tech support out of the NC4x4 family hands down anyway.

Quick synapses of where I started vs where I’m at..

2000 XJ that used to be my daily gone rogue after catching the "go fast bug" with ECORS and then Pro Rock Racing started an endurance series. Fell into that trap now here we are 5 years later.

Currie Pro Rock 44 up front and 8.8 in the rear. Still narrow. ARBs, 4-Linked front and leaf rear. Chopped up a little and some cool kid shocks, 35’s, stock 4.0, nothing super special going on. Its’ a “Stock” class rig more or less. Pro Rock Stock, but too kinky when compared to U4 4600 rules. I Self Identify as Sportsman Stock Class by todays standards with U4 or whatever the conglomerate ownership it is now.

You can view the build up to now over on NAXJA by clicking here. Progress forward will be documented in this thread.

My intent this year is to clean the body up and address a lot of issues, or half-assed work, that came from racing, destroying, fixing repeat for a few years. 2023 I intend to race in something, maybe only one race, maybe three. Who knows. Darkwater 100 was cancelled this summer, so now I have nothing but time. Been entertaining the thought of TREC in October, but its quite the haul for me. Thankfully @ghost offered up some shop space for me to work on this. Currently do not have a shop to work out of, and probably won’t for sometime thanks to the housing market..which hopefully will change soon 🤷‍♂️

Picture dump to get this thread rolling.

Attachments

• DSC_0703.jpg
    DSC_0703.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_5442.JPG
    IMG_5442.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 121
  • BB4B0CF1-6F46-4C3B-9B4A-00EAE3A53137.JPG
    BB4B0CF1-6F46-4C3B-9B4A-00EAE3A53137.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 122
  • tempImageAtXly8.png
    tempImageAtXly8.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 124
  • tempImagel2B7Gs.png
    tempImagel2B7Gs.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1077.JPG
    IMG_1077.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 117
Hell yea. Glad to see this post. Keep an eye out for Gulches competitions. They do them some times.

Great to see this here. It was a pleasure meeting you in person at the NC4x4 ride.

Had some fun the past month or so. Got the jeep into @ghost shop and air intake torn off to start. Discovered my exhaust leak. I expected more cracks but this is fine. Turns out OEM manifolds aren’t that cheap to get anymore. May end up welding this one back together and move on. Took my Intake and throttle body to work and media blasted it. Looks nice and newish now. Contemplating coating my manifolds in a heat insulating Cerakote at work. We use Cerakote a lot and was informed they have a coating designed to hold in heat. Not sure if its worth it or not for the added benefit of keeping heat in the exhaust and not the engine bay with the intake sitting right above it. It would be a splurge on my budget but a “nice” thing to do.

Attachments

• D9AC6A22-E829-4150-9881-6FB9E848EFFE.JPG
    D9AC6A22-E829-4150-9881-6FB9E848EFFE.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 69
  • tempImagejux7lk.png
    tempImagejux7lk.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
  • tempImageRmAjxu.png
    tempImageRmAjxu.png
    2 MB · Views: 68
  • tempImageqGozHe.png
    tempImageqGozHe.png