Put the new bed on the truck.....

Yay!Gurrr

Better Faster Stronger
by myself !

DSCF0075.JPG

DSCF0077.JPG

DSCF0079.JPG

was getting dark so I didn't get a pic with it setting on the truck.

I drove it around from the back yard np..

Wish I had made it a few weekends ago when I pulled to utility box off.. At least it will make it easier to load/move other random stuff in the future.

I used a stick of 1.5" .120 some 1/4" tabs to attach it to the bumper. and some 1/4". The legs are held together by a shackle at the top and that also holds the pulley. A 2nd shackle holds the strap that adjusts the height of the pole.

While I can take credit for my implementation. I can't take credit for dreaming this up on my own.. There is a thread on PBB where some people shared their ideas and notes on their cranes.

I wish I have built this sooner, other than 'wasting' a stick of tube on it, it really wasn't hard to build, once I got my game plan.

I really could have used it numerous times in the past to unload large objects. I will definitely put it to good use loading the utility box when its time to move that.

And as I mentioned above a primary consideration was keeping it portable and setup time minimal. I can have it setup and usable in <5min. It took me longer to find my winch remote and pulley than it did to pin it up.. Plus the poles are only 10' which I can carry in the jeep, along the seats sticking out the back...

Oh ya some notes:
-I was worried about the spacing on the lower bumper mounts being enough.. MORE than plenty for any thing you could possibly lift with this. A drove the jeep with the box hanging on it with zero problems.
-On PBB a guy used 1.5" electrical conduit, I thought that might be too weak.. After using mine, I'm sure that would have been more than enough for this type of setup..
- I wasn't sure how tall it needed to be. How much is practical vs just wasting materials. My poles are 10' tall this is perfect for 90% of the stuff I will use it for. BUT as I figured out while using it, the way im using the 1/4" plates and pinning setup, I can very simply add a single tube extension pole using the main pin, and just adding a cross brace 2'-3' down the mast from the top.. (thinking of welding 2 ~1.25" stubs on each main pole, then during assemble inserting a ~1.5" cross tube that the mast extension would hook to.. The extension would be great for rafters, lifting shingles tree limbs etc ..
- I figure I don't really wheel, I better start getting some other uses out of my jeep :flipoff2:

How about a pic of the attachment points Mike when you get a chance? Not that I'm not creative but there's ALWAYS a better way. And doing things twice to do it better gets old sometimes even though I'm very used to that routine.

:beer:

I think everybody's head started churning after seeing that thread that time. I had an idea of a fold-out leg with a plate to support heavy lifting to give the front end a break.

Well it's nothing to brag about, its just a 1/4" gusset/tab I had with a 1/2" hole in it. Sticks out ~1". Was thinking if I added a 2nd one for double sheer It could suffice for a tow bar mounting point if needed.

Note: My bumper is a integrated winch plate/bumper with several frame attachment points, I would not simply weld some junk on a factory bumper with out some reinforcements or other considerations..

When I get my front receiver hitch done, i plan to just insert one of the small drop leg jacks to help it hold some extra weight. Or wad some 2x4s between the springs and bumps..

Another Quality Yager Creation !!! ....:Rockon:

Nice Work there Mike !!! :beer:

Back