Purple YJ Build

Man! That purple YJ really looks good in silver and with a Toyota emblem!
I wonder if an admin can move all the Toyota posts into a new build thread for the taco.

So Drew at Goat Built finalized his TJ chassis. I’ve been working with him to get exactly what I want to build off of.

I decided to get the main frame and front engine cage with skid plates etc. it should ship out this week.

Decided to get the “fixture” kit to make sure everything goes together square. Should make the main chassis easier to get together to build the rest off of.

I have been buying and selling a lot of things to fund this hobby.

Picked up some 43’s. Ordered a bunch of stuff from Barnes. Should be fun.

5B25E0BA-8012-456E-955F-C96DC96D92DC.jpeg
4FF9E9E8-C1D2-4FD5-B210-FFD064860460.png
1801AE90-F5FE-4E88-A199-5BD73A947ED8.jpeg

It took a while to scroll through all those pic-heavy posts, :lol: but here it is. Nice looking work!
It’s a lot of pics, but I hate a build thread with no pictures! Hopefully someone down the road can use them to help on theirs.

Chassis on a pallet is dropped off at @hurt4x4 ’s place to start welding together. Gotta get a move on cause there gonna be a little Leonard coming into the world this October.
not gonna be done by then, but at least need to start before the kid comes!

60C1377F-B038-4A8A-941C-6C678DFA7E62.jpeg

Really shows your age there...

Congratulations!!

This sucksss
507093DB-FF87-4BF7-B813-DA32CDAEEAA9.jpeg

Also the chassis is coming along. Subframe is clamped together at @hurt4x4 ’s shop. Getting some motivation to work on it again.

That DS casting definitely brings the suck but so rewarding when it’s over. I welded the tubes to the center chunk with pre and post heat, 7018 welding rods, and a welding blanket to slowly cool. I also welded it when it was 100 degrees out :rolleyes:

Sold the Taco, bought another beater to have fun with while I actually work on this thing.

715F852D-43C6-4C9C-A44B-146F1F21DDEA.jpeg

16AD0C14-AA3B-4A18-9B78-CD981BCFFBC5.jpeg

Been trying to get rid of debt. paid off my 6.7, next to pay down my wife’s car. I can live with just a house payment. Been working to get the wife home full time with our daughter.
Finished cleaning up the front axle.

89BE220D-AECB-463F-9136-C6A5AA5C409A.jpeg

Need some advice on which parts are best to build it with. See link... https://nc4x4.com/forum/threads/05-up-dana-60-build-advice-needed.201497/#post-1845273

Next to clean up the rear axle.
Need to find a set of PRP seats I like so we can get to work on the chassis more

Been on a buying spree lately. Made some side $… trailer market is crazy right now.
PRP seats will be here at some point.

some beef came in from ECGS.
Also got some more Dana 30 shafts to fix my dumpster.
355E2AAC-5305-4330-A250-7BEBFB8DA37E.jpeg
ECDF8D75-1960-4411-97FF-DC300613CAF7.jpeg

Spool and slugs? You may not see a lot of pavement, but there’s probably enough “green” trail between Harlan and Windrock to maybe rethink that decision. Just my $.02

Spool and slugs? You may not see a lot of pavement, but there’s probably enough “green” trail between Harlan and Windrock to maybe rethink that decision. Just my $.02
Do they make a locking hub for 40 spline shafts? I wanted to go with a spool for strength. I do think they make a 40 spline grizzly locker now for a 60.

He'll be fine with full hydro and a front digs.

I believe ARB has a 40 spline model.

Edit* Eaton, ARB, and Yukon all make 40 spline lockers and are ECGS website.
I think he meant locking hub

Make sure you have your U joints phased the same when you install the shafts and that will help with turning and binding a lot, as @adamk learned.

Make sure you have your U joints phased the same when you install the shafts and that will help with turning and binding a lot, as @adamk learned.
I haven’t even thought of that. Thanks

I believe ARB has a 40 spline model.

Edit* Eaton, ARB, and Yukon all make 40 spline lockers and are ECGS website.
Moving parts scare me inside diffs. I feel like a spool is simple and strong. Also cheaper.

Back