PSC Hydra assist PS Question

CJ4PLAY

I've just finished installing the final piece of my PS upgrade....the pump. All components are PSC on the CJ.

My question is....What makes this thing REGURGE alot of the fluid when I turn the motor off? The fluid come right out of the top. It was doing this prior to switching out the pump...So I don't think it's an air issue, but again, I'm not sure.

Ever since I added the assist, things just haven't been right...Hell, the rig didn't turn well before that either!

Anyway, if anyone has any advise on this issue...Please speak up. I've got to get this thing steering smooth for the upcoming Tellico trip!

Thanks guys!

Not sure what PSC is. But sure sounds as if air is your issue. Are you using a cooler? Have you purged your ram?

Yeah, I'm running a cooler on the return to increase the amount of fluid. Purge the ram? Advise on this procedure? Thanks!

Sounds like you have air in the system. Put the front axle on stands, and slowly go from lock to lock many, many times, until there are no more bubbles.

I *just* got done doing this on the CTD..

CJ4PLAY said:
Purge the ram? Advise on this procedure? Thanks!
I know you can do various stages of the PSC steering setup. You can do just their steering box, pump and reservoir or you can get the full kit, as pictured here:
PSC Jeep 70-79 CJ Extreme Duty Hyd. Assist Kit
I would guess when they're asking about purging the ram, they're talking about making sure the cylinder on the axle has all the air out of it. To be honest, I'm not sure if there's a different proceedure to do that versus doing what Rich suggested. I would think you just need to make sure you have everything thoroughly bled, as suggested above.
Jeff

I got the fluid to run clear and had no problem after turning the motor off. AIR it was! Thanks guys!

I just thought that I had bled it enough...but apparently not!

AND BTW....PSC box and pump are worth their weight in gold...when it comes to EASE of steering! AWESOME STUFF!

Thanks guys!

RG

I just finished up a PSC box and ram assist on my TJ (no pump yet). I cycled the steering lock to lock without the ram connected, so both sides would fully fill and empty. So far no problems.

Yeah,

I now have the entire setup...pump, ram, and box! WORKS GREAT! I was running an AGR pump with the ram and box...A big mistake! PSC stuff is superior!

Speaking of Superior...I finally got my front shafts in, Chromolly of course..... Tellico READY!

Thanks CRS!

RG

Now I need to find some stuff to flex on to work the new springs a bit!:driver:

I hear ya talking... Just be sure you're behind my Big Blue CJ in March so that I can winch your arse up Guard Rail!!!:flipoff2:

This ought to be a great trip!

BTW...That TJ won't be able to reach the hood....You gotta see this thing!:smokin:

Back