Project Steampunk

The real work involved is the signal needed to make it work like factory. You can’t just put 12v into them and go. A thread on pirate is trying to decode the input voltage on one of these at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im not in pirate, but if I was, I'd recommend calling Ford and asking them. Or, they could just put a multimeter on a Ford truck that came with one. Pretty easy.

Im not in pirate, but if I was, I'd recommend calling Ford and asking them. Or, they could just put a multimeter on a Ford truck that came with one. Pretty easy.

Right. To reduce shortage of life on the magnet the input cycles/varies which is most likely controlled by the computer. So mimicking the computer with a stand-alone setup is what I was really trying to say.

Right. To reduce shortage of life on the magnet the input cycles/varies which is most likely controlled by the computer. So mimicking the computer with a stand-alone setup is what I was really trying to say.

Well then, that's gonna need a minute.

The real work involved is the signal needed to make it work like factory. You can’t just put 12v into them and go. A thread on pirate is trying to decode the input voltage on one of these at the moment.

At first everyone thought you had to do what the factory ford controller does (12 volts for 30 seconds followed by a pwm 5 volts for the remaining time) but it was tested by several guys that straight 12 volts works fine. One guy accidentally left his on for more that 24 hours on 2 occasions and is still fine. I believe 12 volts will work just fine.

Here's the thread.....

Sterling electric locker - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

View attachment 297452
Ah yes.... Progress dating back to Monday morning. Carport is done. Total cost to build was less than $250. Keeping the Corbeaus from getting swamp disease and beaten to death by the sun makes it all worth it.
This week at work has been pure hell with record breaking temperatures topping 100. many of us, including myself opted to have Friday off for 4th of July instead of split it up.
After a week of this:
View attachment 297450
I'll be ready for three days of what I'm best known for. Cold beer, dirt roads, endless rivers, peaceful nights.

Take me to where the thongs are!

24 more hours....:rolleyes:
Looks like the posts are starting to buckle. Shoulda used 7/16" wall :D

So your gonna wheel with 37s and tons? Ive been considering that myself...just worried about getting hung up on everything

Happy Birthday! :birthday::beer::beer::beer::smokin::smokin::smokin::gitrdun::birthday:

Your birthday is the day before mine. Happy birthday... late but whatever.

Edit: one more post to get to quadruple digits.

Last edited:
I was just thinking yesterday that I haven’t seen a post from him in a while!

Go to the first post, first page.
Read. Notice the edit date.
Here in, the answer you will find.
Did I miss the drama, or just forget what happened?

Did I miss the drama, or just forget what happened?
I don't think any occurred.....would you expect any different from our Sorcerer?

I do miss his flavor though.

Well what the heck?? I liked him, I don’t understand what happened.

And it looks like all of the content he posted is gone. Some quotes come up, but if it was posted on his account its gone. Went digging through this looking at leaf spring ideas for my build and noticed it was all gone.

Shame. I think someone must've pissed him off. He's like me and just outs. I've done it. Hope he comes back. He's a cool dude.

Back