Project Steampunk

I need to get your number and come by the next time we are in Columbia.....

Which welder is that?

Might would be worth it to snag some 17" steel wheels. Most 37s to 40s I see are for 17s.

It is a wilderness bumper. You forgot to take all the broken bolts!

My favorite part was welding the freshly cut spindle onto the rest of the tire mount bracket. I started with a 3/32 6010 rod for its awesome penetrating power and then capped off with two pass 3/32 7018.

Awesome touch with the black and white theme. Also enjoy seeing some nice stick welds. Makes me realize I need to use my 220v stick welder on heavier stuff more than my 110v MIG :D

7018 final passes gives me a stiffy no homo

Isnt the spare going to spin on the carrier now? Im sure you will figure that out. I might have mounted a spare unit bearing instead, but Ive planned this exact idea for spare tire mount on trailers.

JohnFuller status: on

Reminds me of how I felt after I sold the TJ buggy last year. Actually, I was at the point of saying " never again". I got this YJ as a partial trade deal along with cash from the gentleman who bought my buggy. At first I didn't even want it. I was so down after selling the buggy, along with many other very dark events, that I couldn't even bare to think about a 4x4 for a good while. I recovered, and I'm still recovering.

Moral of the story, I'm having fun on this build. I'm not bending over backwards or cutting into my savings or losing any sleep over it. I live to live and I can wait for bargains. I've gotten deals on these parts from various places that are so good I can barely believe it's even possible.

Faith and prayer, overcoming personal challenges, facing the fears and weaknesses within us. It all pays off. It really and truly does.

JohnFuller status: off

Too much punctuation, capitalization, and logical thought in that to be true JF status. Nice try though. :p

Clock that 205 up some?

Saw this at a blacksmith festival, and thought of your build.
KIMG0291.jpg

do you actually live in that house ^ if so, then forget the build. more pics of house!!

Ive always liked your sig picture but that full size pic has me wondering whats in you hand?

Nice score! Ever been to River Rat or Conquest? When this thing going to be done?

Back