prayer request

jovibuilt

A week ago the Dr found a growth on my left vocal cord.I am having surgery tomorrow to remove it and send it off to see if it's cancer.I would appreciate any prayers to tell the truth I am scared.Since my dad had cancer and I smoked for 24 years.I am hoping for the best.Thanks

Prayers sent. Will be thinking about you today.

Prayin for ya.

Rusty

I had the surgery done in asheville.I am home now it went well.I am sore and can't swallow or talk very much.But I am glad it's out.Now i just have to wait till the Dr calls and tell's me what it was.Thank you for the prayers.Keith

Blkvoodoo may chime in on the one... Good luck tomorrow.

If they haven't out and told you after surgery in the recovery room, odds are you're in good shape. not saying you're in the clear, just if they know then, they will tell you ASAP.

I had Thyroid cancer, the cancer had spread into my neck and attached itself to my trachea. Dr. said they removed about an 8oz mass aside form the thyroid itself.

afterward I went thru 8 weeks of direct radiation, which by the end had burns on my chest, neck and back.

the treatments themselves are painless, the first several, you wonder if the joke is on you, then the 'sunburn' begins, and gets worse from there, it's tolerable but not fun, some do better, some worse.
your surgery was a little different than mine, the soreness of swallowing will get better fairly quickly, though your's sounds a little more invasive than mine was.

I didn't have Chemo, so I can't speak of that, thought I did see folks who did, and it didn't look pleasant.

They had called mine " Stage 4" cancer, which sounds bad, and well, is I guess, but I think the rating and the way you handle the situation is all relative.

I'm 3yrs out now, had a neck ultra sound last Wed, everything is good so far, will have yet another CT scan in Nov, they will do yearly follow ups for 5 or 7 years after.

I'm still pretty sensitive to direct sun, it sucks the energy right out of me, especially when the temps are the way they have been this summer, but I manage and get along fine.

I imagine I'll feel the after effects for a few years.

best I can tell you, no matter the outcome, keep a positive attitude, there will be scars, scares and doomsayers along the way, move forward, don't let them drag you down.

best wishes for you, and keep smiling !!

I hope you're not in need of treatment, but I can speak to the chemo-ride......sucks major ass but nothing you cannot get through w/ a little support & humor (strange, I know).

As said before, a positive attitude is everything........good luck!!

Back