Power steering pressure hose help

bigblueox

I have a 2004 or so super duty hydroboost and a 1999 super duty steering box on my f100. I need help figuring out how to make a custom pressure hose to come from the hydroboost unit to the steering gear. I had cobbled together a line with a barb fitting which worked for a short time but I need a permanent solution. Can I buy fittings to adapt the o ring and Teflon seal fittings to AN?

Attachments

• IMG_0154.jpeg
    IMG_0154.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0153.jpeg
    IMG_0153.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 27
You will need to know what size you need. I used one like this on the XJ:

Ok thx. May have to go that way. I found an off the shelf hose that works (almost). The fitting at the booster end has too much thread so the teflon is not engaging. šŸ˜”

Ok thx. May have to go that way. I found an off the shelf hose that works (almost). The fitting at the booster end has too much thread so the teflon is not engaging. šŸ˜”
thread tape? Avoid any and all fittings using tape or dope in a hydraulic circuit. O-ring boss or tapered metal to metal.

Take the line that you have put together there to a legitimate hydraulic hose shop and tell them to make you one. For whatever reason, oems have decided that power steering fittings need to be a bunch of one off random bullshit and by the time you've bought and tried 6 different fittings you could have just had a much nicer hose with correct bends built.

I found a hose at Napa thatā€™s exactly what I needed. Weird how the same year and fitment has several slightly different hoses available! Iā€™m ordering a second for just in case. Thanks for your input gents

Take the line that you have put together there to a legitimate hydraulic hose shop and tell them to make you one. For whatever reason, oems have decided that power steering fittings need to be a bunch of one off random bullshit and by the time you've bought and tried 6 different fittings you could have just had a much nicer hose with correct bends built.
^this. Just had a situation with an old Mack dump truck at work that had a bad pressure line and Mack didnā€™t carry it anymore. Took it up to the Hyd Shop and they built it on the spot. Boom done. No fittings or hopes and dreams it was just done.

Secondeded

Back