Post up your weekend project!!

@ramjo hauled down some built in wardrobes and window bench his father in law built for us and helped me put them in over the past couple of days. And by "helped me put them in" I mean he did most of the work while I tried to be helpful and not jack everything up or get in his way.

Still got a couple more pieces of molding to pick up and gotta find some hardware, but got the majority of it done.

IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_0991.JPG
IMG_1010.JPG

Just finished cutting. Tree was about 75' tall. 25' from the house and 15' from the power lines.
0416171833.jpg

Unexpected project while swapping an ugly ceiling fan for a new light fixture. It's really hard to find a nice looking flush/semiflush light fixture unless you like old-fashioned stuff, but I digress.

Found out that pan box stuck out too far from drywall, and couldn't mount the light base flush. Swore a lot.

After a few hours of running around, eventually found this amazing polycarbonate old-work box at the Mooresville Lowes, they just started carrying them (no one else in the county does yet):
4.jpg

It only comes with two screws, not three, but doesn't matter.

Traced, cut hole, mounted box.
1.jpg

Patched hole.
2.jpg

One edge is at a taped jointed, which is why it's below surface.

V cut all the joints, overlay with mesh tape, mix up some 30 minute setting compound, slap it on there and let 'er go until the morning. The deep joints shrank up, but that's what the next coats are for.
3.jpg

I really hate patch work. And painting over patch work.

FYI, they also make a fan-rated version of that box with 3 lag screws, and it has a metal side bracket that wraps from the stud mounting face to the fan studs. It's probably the best fan mounting box I've ever seen:
fan_rated.jpg

Last edited:
Pre-workout
Or Protein/Amino/ Vita supplement mix?

Pre, post and bedtime. Don't think I'm gunna keep mixing anymore. Gunna go another route I think doing the Sebi diet along with some herbals. Don't know what I'm gunna do with 20 kilos of raw white powders. custom blending my own. If dea raided my house right I'd prob be in Guantanamo before they bothered testing it. Haha

be3a65e9ad38bf7b2283e5a2a4c16c01.jpg
89c8457d6e2c1602f6abe56af6e86a8c.jpg
362d91a9b04213a43368670330167443.jpg

Not weekend but I hammered out the rest of the pickets on Tuesday. Gonna try and get 5 gallons of solid color stain on them today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an old dog house that was just taking up room, so I demo'd it and reused the good lumber that the carpenter bees hadn't eaten up to make a new canoe rack, some saw horses for my full top (which I might change), and used the floor as a table top for a workbench. Not too shabby.

IMG_3824.JPG
IMG_3825.JPG
IMG_3826.JPG
IMG_3827.JPG

Had the welder hooked up for the Jeep, so I decided to stiffen up my 6x12 trailer a little. It's crazy flimsy at the tilt area. Plated with some 3/16 x3.
78e0043b1fdf03815d0a115f2f2492e1.jpg
13e97034389e5fed29d490d6e025e4b0.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

D4A64B7C-78B3-40B2-AB07-5BFA338127B1_zpslbdurfme.jpg

Ham radio antenna tuner. More of a proof of concept than anything.
Works on high bands on my big loop even though it's specifically designed for dipoles.
Since it works, today it gets a nicer coil and hopefully mounted in a nice cigar box.
The variable capacitor ( big knobby thing ) came from a hamfest ( ham radio flea market).
The rest literally came out of my junkbox.

Matt

Well photobucket has gone full retard and wont let anybody post images to another site from there account without paying them 400 bucks. :kaioken:
That's fine, now you can use Google Photos or something, or just post directly to NC4x4. Currently every time you post pics and I click on them, it takes me to your photobucket account where I can see a smaller image of the pic I was just looking at :kaioken:

Back