Post ride libations

Shreddinlettuce

After a long ride (20 miles 2k of climbing or more) I find myself feeling like an alcohol virgin. I mean 1 beer at a Mexican restaurant and I’m buzzed. This also leads to further dehydration and potential cramping overnight.

Question is, what hangover cures/ pre drinking rituals do you guys use for after ride drinking to prevent further dehydrating oneself?

Drink during your ride to condition yourself!
Do tequila shots with Salt and lime to replace your electrolytes.

IV powder is the new hangover "cure" I know several people who take it before and after they drink, it is supposed to have similar properties to Gatorade but I think it has more sugar in it.
Seems to help me but I don't do anything as strenuous as what you are describing.

So reflecting on what I just typed I really have nothing.

End of night food and water before bed has worked for me. Also makes me fat, but I’m down 25# this yr from drinking less and eating better. Not sure what you’re riding but if I do a ride remotely close to that on my Mtb I’ll be sure to be hydrated properly before I start hydrating improperly.

Smoke weed instead. No hangover
Assumed that's the OP gig given the username? 🤔

I've settled on a couple of things after a mass consumption:
- Before bed, drink a huge glass of water to combat morning dehydration... only that triples the number of times you'll get up to piss 🤬
- In the AM, huge Gatorade + a couple Goodies powders... used to be PMS meds, as it has the same stuff + caffeine (imagine 100 Jarheads lined up in the PX purchasing on payday) 🤫

Just dont be a little bitch
To quote @LowModYJ... "There would be that!" 🤣

stay away from those IPA's Straight up Islay Scotch or potato vodka bloody marry or cranberry juice

Damn..

Roadie sodies are some of the best part of wheeling. By the time we hit messican for margaritas I've not seent a water all day 🤦🏾‍♂️ so I usually request one in addition to the 4 gallon fish bowl lime frozen goodness served with chips and salsa

By the time we get back I try to down at least 2 more bottles of water to try and hydrate.

If that's all I'm good. But occasionally one of my friends will score an exceptional bottle of bourbon 🤦🏾‍♂️

when that happens all bets are off

What I HATE, and try to avoid, is this happening the night before we leave. I TRY to make sure the night before we leave that I go to bed early, hydrated... But... Stuff happens.

And if JHo is around 🤦🏾‍♂️ it usually means the last night we do car bombs and all kinds of stupid mixes and I end up driving home with a pounding headache 😡

Damn..

Roadie sodies are some of the best part of wheeling. By the time we hit messican for margaritas I've not seent a water all day 🤦🏾‍♂️ so I usually request one in addition to the 4 gallon fish bowl lime frozen goodness served with chips and salsa

By the time we get back I try to down at least 2 more bottles of water to try and hydrate.

If that's all I'm good. But occasionally one of my friends will score an exceptional bottle of bourbon 🤦🏾‍♂️

when that happens all bets are off

What I HATE, and try to avoid, is this happening the night before we leave. I TRY to make sure the night before we leave that I go to bed early, hydrated... But... Stuff happens.

And if JHo is around 🤦🏾‍♂️ it usually means the last night we do car bombs and all kinds of stupid mixes and I end up driving home with a pounding headache 😡
The worst part of it for me is the likker shitz. Thus the baby wipes in the passenger door pocket for those emergency road side explosions. Exit ramp, Side step leaner with the door flung open for “privacy”. All ready to go with the soothing ass tickets.

Just drink plenty of water during the day to stay hydrated and have food of course. It shouldn't be any different than any other day or drinking episode.

Just drink plenty of water during the day to stay hydrated and have food of course. It shouldn't be any different than any other day or drinking episode.
🤦🏾‍♂️That's common sense. Which..has no place on wheeling trips

Best remedy is to skip the alcohol and go straight to water :D

I get ragged a lot for drinking water like I do but I drink quite a bit of water between beers. It slows me down and keeps me feeling great. Honestly these days I seem to drink more coffee than beer though. But when enjoying drinks with homies, I pound the water just as hard if not harder. Guess I'm getting old.

I get ragged a lot for drinking water like I do but I drink quite a bit of water between beers. It slows me down and keeps me feeling great. Honestly these days I seem to drink more coffee than beer though. But when enjoying drinks with homies, I pound the water just as hard if not harder. Guess I'm getting old.
This. I try not to drink while wheeling as I suck enough ass at driving and I get buzzed quick and make bad decisions. I pound water all day, then pound beers/bourbon/wine at camp, a few waters mixed in, more beer and a few waters before bed.

Liquid courage on the trails lol 😂
It's worse than that, my courage level stays the same, but my motor skills and cognition goes down. So I'll get it stuck so bad on a beach ball size rock that I'll need a winch 50ft from the actual obstacle :laughing:

Back