Places to ride around Raleigh/moncure

Uwharrie and Busco Beach are the only public places. Couple small private places to ride in my area but not much else.

Quite a few people in my area with Wildcats & RZR's, let me know if you do end up bringing yours.

Bump back up finally brought the rzr down this past weekend, love to find something close I could take my little girl riding every once in a while. I’m staying in moncure if anyone knows of some private places I’m willing to pay or however to ride a little bit

Well there’s the Lee County mud motorsports complex in Moncure. They have mud races. There are some public gravel roads in that area that are kinda fun; unfortunately most of the wheeling in that area is on private land or illegal power line trails. Busco & Deep Creek isn’t too bad of a ride from moncure. I lived in moncure for 3 years FWIW

Well there’s the Lee County mud motorsports complex in Moncure. They have mud races. There are some public gravel roads in that area that are kinda fun; unfortunately most of the wheeling in that area is on private land or illegal power line trails. Busco & Deep Creek isn’t too bad of a ride from moncure. I lived in moncure for 3 years FWIW

Yea I’m not far from Lee county mud place. I’ve seen a lot of trails on the duke land by the damn on cape fear. I haven’t seen any no trespassing signs so idk if I should give it a go or not lol

Just a heads up .just because there are no signs doesn't mean no trepassing. Purple paint also signifies no trespassing .But you've already answered your own question. "Idk" which sounds like you know you aren't supposed to be there. I can tell you that I know alot of land owners in that area and none of them want anyone on their land. There has been a lot of problems over that way with ATVs and such and the land owners I know have the game warden and depuities on speed dial. Some of the Duke land is leased to a hunting club I work with some of the guys that lease it, they have actually hired deputies to work out there on their days off to run people off. I ain't trying to tell you how to do what but just give a heads up if you go exploring.

Last edited:
Busco is probably your best bet. They have plenty of trails to ride around on, and the people watching always adds for an interesting time. Deep creek isn't worth going to on a side by side. I took my suzuki 230 and rode every trail in 30 minutes. It didn't seem quite big enough for a rzr or such.

Back