Pirate is over.

Just this evening I thought about doing so on how to properly set backlash and preload on a drop out third.

Next week I have a couple 14 Bolts to regear, an XJ to finish a 4 speed Atlas swap on and a HP Toy third to rebuild.

I for one would love some detailed gear related tech. Especially the toyota stuff for us broke ass toyota guys pushing the limits on these crappy axles....

Those are probably the same people who say that I hired Dynomite just so that I could flame his work on the forum.

I had no idea who Dynomite was, nor did I know to search for that name until this was mentioned. The sewing circle I was in never even mentioned that name. However...as a result...this has been an interesting rabbit hole to say the least

I was here back in 2003-2004 during my tenor with the Bronco. I met loads of people, who were all cool as hell. Years later I met Cyd at an Ecors race. What a cool chick! Very welcoming and warm (even though it was pouring rain) met a few others, and really loved the whole feeling that was shared at those races. But I didn't have the means, or knowledge to participate, and my passion was shifting back to motorcycles.

When the ownership changed and the server moved I joined back and lurked, but I had already sort of moved back to motorcycles and track days and traded the Bronco for a Blackbird that I rode to the keys and back on. Didn't really get BACK into trail riding till may of 2015 when I bought the TJ and logged back on HERE to learn a few things. I've never been hard core...nor a fabricator. I've never pretended to be. But it's always been fun "learning". But it seemed that in the past few years (since the death of ECORS) things just weren't the same. There was SO MUCH cynicism (and what felt like) bitterness.

After digging back and reading, I came across this, and it really helped shed some light. Holy hell what a shit show :eek: A lot of things make more sense now, that's for sure

**edit the irony of this reply, in this thread, and me being thankful the database at both here and hardline are in tact and in form of a forum, should not be lost on anyone

Last edited:
I had you pegged as a soprano based on your wheeling style.
Learn something new every day!
The collage I went too didn't teech gooder grammer or spellin. I lurnt that on my own

After digging back and reading, I came across this, and it really helped shed some light. Holy hell what a shit show :eek: A lot of things make more sense now, that's for sure

**edit the irony of this reply, in this thread, and me being thankful the database at both here and hardline are in tact and in form of a forum, should not be lost on anyone

Shit that's a good read. I'd forgotten about most of that stuff.

One new deficiency that I didn't discover until recently: he tapped a 1.75x.120 tube to 1/2-20 and threaded the seat belt bolts directly into it.

On a related note, I have a vaguely cage-shaped pile of tube for sale, suitable for jungle gyms, yard art, etc. I need to cope about four tubes and #2 will be ready for finish welding, maybe as soon as this weekend.

Cage #1:
IMG_20200414_195706.jpg

Progress on #2:
IMG_20200419_184254.jpg

More:
IMG_20200419_212854.jpg

Current on #2:
IMG_20200525_190527.jpg

Does the counterweight change affect how well they hold my boat in one spot?

(laughs in condescending prick) clearly you don't know what you're talking about...those mf'ers are heavy as hell to get back on the boat. Therefore, terrible anchors. Better decorative beer bottle holders...8 at a time.

(laughs in condescending prick) clearly you don't know what you're talking about...those mf'ers are heavy as hell to get back on the boat. Therefore, terrible anchors. Better decorative beer bottle holders...8 at a time.

Coffee table! Tell your friends it's an LS, though.

The owners of that forum were able to profit off of the free information incredibly talented builders, designers, thinkers were willing to offer to the masses.

Not surprising to see those contributors decide to have more control over their own content.

Back