Paragon might be gone.... :(

Yay!Gurrr

Better Faster Stronger
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546423

http://www.paragonap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11673&page=2&pp=20

I have subscribed to that forum and will post any updates from PAP, here for people to read..

------------
2007-01-19, 04:05 PM
PAPMGNT

Before the rumor mill starts to fly. We want to be up front with all our customers and supporters. Currently Paragon and PCA Corporation (land owner) is in legal dispute over our lease agreement for this property. We have done everything within our powers to honor our agreements with the land holding company, but they are trying to evict us from the premesis so they can sell the property. We are still in business and will remain in business as long as possible and we are fighting this with every measure available.

We know the next question is how can you help. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything you can do. We would however, appreciate everyone's hopes and prayers for a good outcome.

Thank you for your continued support.

Kyle & Stephanie Knosp

Saw that just a minute ago. That is no good. I havn't had the chance to make it up there to ride but have seen plently of pictures. Hopefully they will not lose the land.

UGH. Because Hazelton is SUCH a booming real estate Mecca :rolleyes:

I just finished reading it on Mallcrawlin and the PAP site, it blows I miss wheeling there as it is now and it would be alot worse if I could never go back.

Yep. It does suck. I hope the lease agreement stands up in court. I had been invited to go out there next fall. I hope I still get to.

My grandfather mined coal up there for 40 years. There may be some fuel under that land that someone's after.

Ever been to pap? They could mine the road leading to the trails and be rich. But I don't think that's what they're after... :flipoff2:

Hopefully something gets done.

What they are after is cheap land for dist. centers to service all the retail/resteraunts in the NE. That area of PA has a slew of dist centers built on crap land that was not worth developing 10 years ago., but high land costs in NY, NJ, CT, RI, MA, have made them look more apealing. Look around, where do you think the product comes from for all these damn stores they build on every corner?

I'll agree, it sucks. But what would you do if you were the land owner? Have a 4wd park that might pay you 100-200k a year, or sell for 30,000,000? Thats what they are saying is the offer. I'd sell.

damn I've been wanting to head up there sometime in the next year.

nut shot of epic proportions

that is one cool place, probobly the most fun day of wheeling i have ever had was at pap...

Signed the petion and came over here to see if there was a link to it. This sux because most of the east coast is developed and there are very few places to wheel legally.
:flipoff2: To the land owners

top. Only 3400 signatures on the petition. We'll need a lot more than that to save the park.

Back