Painting the inside of a house

That can start a fist fight among painters as quickly as a Ford vs. Chevy argument among car guys. :D
A lot of painters use both SW and BM (not usually at the same time) because both brands have advantages for certain stuff.

I wish I had the painting talent of a few of my extended family, who are paint pros but sadly live in the wrong part of the country to paint my house.
Indoor painting is a big part of my business. I have some customers who prefer to purchase their own paint because they do not know what color they want yet. I tell them up front, if it isn’t Showcase or Infinity from Lowe’s, or Duration or Emerald from the store, I can’t paint for you.

Not worth the hassles or trouble to use anything else.

I show up and you have Valspar, I just politely explain it again and go back to my truck.

Indoor painting is a big part of my business. I have some customers who prefer to purchase their own paint because they do not know what color they want yet. I tell them up front, if it isn’t Showcase or Infinity from Lowe’s, or Duration or Emerald from the store, I can’t paint for you.

Not worth the hassles or trouble to use anything else.

I show up and you have Valspar, I just politely explain it again and go back to my truck.

So no Regal Select from BM? That's the big competitor to Duration.

The BM May be a good paint, but having Lowe’s and SW stores all around me I have never needed to look elsewhere.

A good paint like Emerald almost flows off of a brush like a quality ink pen. It almost travels to where it should be like it knows how to help you.

Likewise a good brush is like any other tool. A craftsman ratchet will work but an 80 tooth snapon is a whole other thing.

Out of the SW line, you'll find mostly Cashmere, proclassic and A-100 around my house. It goes on so smooth it's addictive, especially the Cashmere. It's common for me to just randomly pick a room or piece of furniture and put a few hours in a week.
IMG_20190104_195518946.jpg

Out of the SW line, you'll find mostly Cashmere, proclassic and A-100 around my house. It goes on so smooth it's addictive, especially the Cashmere. It's common for me to just randomly pick a room or piece of furniture and put a few hours in a week.
View attachment 283959

This is how I’m working in my house pick a room clean it , then paint boom done. Wait a while pick a new room repeat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is how I’m working in my house pick a room clean it , then paint boom done. Wait a while pick a new room repeat

I typically neglect household things until my wife's nagging becomes unbearable. Then I go overboard with "the fix" to teach her a lesson about nagging me. My system works fair.

Labor of love.

As a coworker of mine says whenever i talk about doing something myself, "there are people for that".

Back