Paint - Raleigh Area

mcconnell

My wife would like to get her 03 TJ painted. Current factory black paint is decent but showing it’s age. No real clear coat peeling, but two 1”x1” chips showing bare steel on the hood. DS taillight area also caved in a bit that I’d also like to get fixed before painting.

Any recommendations on legit paint/body guys in the Raleigh area? She’d like a full color change, but I doubt that make sense money-wise. I know black is hard so I don’t expect anything to be cheap, but reasonable for good work is fine.

I’m also trying to sale her on a wrap, so open to those recommendations too

Good luck, most good shops only want to deal with insurance and don't want to deal with a full paint job. If you can find somebody, a full paint job will probably run you near 3k, even to keep the same color for somebody that does quality. Most the people I used to recommend to do it on the side, aren't doing side work anymore.

That is basically what I expected. I have one or two guys around Lincolnton that would do good work on the side, but are busy. I paid one of those guys to do a full job on my Duster a few years ago so 3k is believable and around what I would expect for this. Not money well spent on a TJ in my opinion, but she says its her Jeep and her money :dumbass:

I know this is a really old one but John's Collision over off Westgate Rd near the airport does great work and fixed a couple of my work vehicles. They will do "hard jobs" as well as non-insurance work.

Back