OVER WEIGHT TICKETS SUCK!

we are all missing the point here...these sum bitches are driving cars that WE purchased, working on a salary that WE pay and stealing even more money that WE earn all because the worthless state goverment can't manage a dollar.

isn't it telling that these officers will drive past Maurice Brownell Lopez with the caddirak on 26's to pull me because i'm hauling equipment, jeep, boat,whatever. EASY MONEY. facts are, we'll all go pay our excessive fine just to avoid trouble. then we'll go pay some more of OUR money to up our tags to avoid future hassle.

the character of these officers and their superiors should be in question. GO LOOK FOR A CRIMINAL NOT ANOTHER REVENUE SOURCE

I always wonder why they don't have weighted tags. They are prob above the 7000 lb mark with all the mods and equip they haul around.
EDIT nevermind, they are suvs.....

we are all missing the point here...these sum bitches are driving cars that WE purchased, working on a salary that WE pay and stealing even more money that WE earn all because the worthless state goverment can't manage a dollar.
isn't it telling that these officers will drive past Maurice Brownell Lopez with the caddirak on 26's to pull me because i'm hauling equipment, jeep, boat,whatever. EASY MONEY. facts are, we'll all go pay our excessive fine just to avoid trouble. then we'll go pay some more of OUR money to up our tags to avoid future hassle.
the character of these officers and their superiors should be in question. GO LOOK FOR A CRIMINAL NOT ANOTHER REVENUE SOURCE

No, it's you that's missing the point. If you're caught over weight, you're breaking the law, and are fined according to a predetermined schedule. It's the system we've all agreed upon. If you don't like it, work to get the law changed. That's how the new Class C rules came about.

Otherwise, STFU with the self-righteous bullshit, and keep your racist opinions to yourself.

My 20K tags cost me 311.30 yesterday. I also priced 18k before I got the 20K one. The 18K tag was about 80 bucks cheaper. I really don't know why NC has gotten to be such a POS place to live. We have some of the highest taxes on fuel, vehicles and the like; but the state says now that it doesn't have enough money to pay taxes and refunds. Says alot about who we elect into office.
The reason is simple greedy politicians. We also have some of the dumbest laws as far as motor vehicles go. I had to turn in the tags on mall my vehicles because of a 2 week insurance lapse from when my wifes mother passed away with the burial and everything we forgot to pay our insurance, so she had the phone hearing with DMV and the idiot on the other end of the phone told her she was concerned enough to shop around for another company... who wouldn't to try and save some coin these days. So for the next 30 days we have no tags. Friggin BS law it should be a fine and be done with it like most other states.

When I lived in NY all open bed pick-ups are considered commercial vehicles and are issued commercial plates(tags) one fee for all pick ups up to 1 ton then they are medium duty different weight class. The way around the commercial plates was to mount a seat with seat belts in the bed.

Horray Excursion!:flipoff2:

I can not remember All the BS I got when I posted this info on the weighted tags over the years and people saying BS, they will never get them and so on.

Looks like more justification for the new(to me) class A toy hauler :driver: fwiw I do run 15K tags on the tow rig. $205 is cheap insurance imo

No, it's you that's missing the point. If you're caught over weight, you're breaking the law, and are fined according to a predetermined schedule. It's the system we've all agreed upon. If you don't like it, work to get the law changed. That's how the new Class C rules came about.
Otherwise, STFU with the self-righteous bullshit, and keep your racist opinions to yourself.

Great job showing your ass...what's the matter, does a little REALITY hurt your feelings?

Great job showing your ass...what's the matter, does a little REALITY hurt your feelings?

You showed more of your ass than he did of his.

Duane

How did he show his ass?

Making racist comments?
Disparaging remarks about police officers?
And telling them to look for criminals, I suppose he only wants the criminals he dislikes to be pursued...as a criminal is anyone who commits a crime, pulling an overweight load without proper tags is a crime, so they are pursuing criminals, but I digress....dont want to be hasselled by Johnny Law? Dont violate the law...pretty simple.

To willfully do it and then bitch about the consequences is pretty ass like to me.

Looks like more justification for the new(to me) class A toy hauler :driver: fwiw I do run 15K tags on the tow rig. $205 is cheap insurance imo
That's how much I have on my 1500, I figure it is cheaper then the ticket

I didnt read through this so I dont know if its been mentioned, but you also need to make sure your not over tagged. I had a buddy get a ticket today for his truck having too much tag (tagged for more than the truck was rated for)

I didnt read through this so I dont know if its been mentioned, but you also need to make sure your not over tagged. I had a buddy get a ticket today for his truck having too much tag (tagged for more than the truck was rated for)
I would fight the hell out of that ticket since I would pay more to have less hassles from the law enforcement idiots, I really don't like cops in Fayetteville I have gotten too many speeding tickets for other people speeding but the guy with the big Jeep is not going to run .

. They don't give tickets for being over taged. The ticket had to be for the truck being over it's GVWR.

Making racist comments?
And telling them to look for criminals, I suppose he only wants the criminals he dislikes to be pursued...as a criminal is anyone who commits a crime, pulling an overweight load without proper tags is a crime, so they are pursuing criminals, but I digress....dont want to be hasselled by Johnny Law? Dont violate the law...pretty simple.
To willfully do it and then bitch about the consequences is pretty ass like to me.
Just because you are legal, dosent mean you wont be hasselled. I got pulled last week, tropper wanted to check my permits. I had a small track hoe on the low boy (45000#). He gave me an inspection while i was there. He wrote me up for air lines to close together, and mud flaps on the truck. We sat there and talked a while, a jeep cj drove by with a load of scrap steel on a trailer, crap was hanging off trailer (both sides) with one strap across the middle. The trailer was twice the size of the jeep, and it was full. Tropper laughed and shook his head. I have been moving heavy equiptment for 13 years, you get use to getting hasselled after a while.

Making racist comments?

get off your pc soap box. i don't violate the law. i spend an assload of money to be good citizen and conform. i have alot friends that are police officers(please note i did not refer to anyone as pigs, coppers, or any other derogatory name) and i made no racist comment.

it seems that because i said what many of us see every day...WILLFULL OVERLOOKING OF REAL CRIMINALS like the ones selling crack downtown or the carload that can't speak english, let alone drive insured or pay a share of the tax burden or the same damn kid that just broke into the local buisiness for the 4th time blah, blah, blah...makes me a racist huh? i'm sorry but the "protect and serve" idea doesn't ring true for me when i see some contractor pulled over getting blistered because he's moving his skid steer to the next job.

the facts is we an are easy target for big revenue generation, and officers are singling us out with a guilty until proven otherwise attitude...call it what you want, i call it bullshit

get off your pc soap box. i don't violate the law. i spend an assload of money to be good citizen and conform. i have alot friends that are police officers(please note i did not refer to anyone as pigs, coppers, or any other derogatory name) and i made no racist comment.
it seems that because i said what many of us see every day...WILLFULL OVERLOOKING OF REAL CRIMINALS like the ones selling crack downtown or the carload that can't speak english, let alone drive insured or pay a share of the tax burden or the same damn kid that just broke into the local buisiness for the 4th time blah, blah, blah...makes me a racist huh? i'm sorry but the "protect and serve" idea doesn't ring true for me when i see some contractor pulled over getting blistered because he's moving his skid steer to the next job.
the facts is we an are easy target for big revenue generation, and officers are singling us out with a guilty until proven otherwise attitude...call it what you want, i call it bullshit

NO none of this makes you a racist....

However this
Isn't it telling that these officers will drive past Maurice Brownell Lopez with the caddirak on 26's

maurice a stereotypical black name
brownell (brown?)
lopez now we just went hispanic to boot interesting
cadillac on 26s yeah thats usually white guys too....

dont make it a racial issue.
You dont know who is reading what or will be offended...

I wish you guys would just get over the damn drama. People say what they are going to say get over it. If you go through life alwys worrying about who you will offend you will lead a very lonley closed up life. I will never go out of my way to offend anybody racially or the like wise. However if I refer to something I have seen I don't expect it to offened somebody that was not guilty of what I saw. The choice of words that was used may have been alittle on the edge but I dont think a the point was on the race but the other facts that were pointed out. I am not trying to get in a pissing contest with anyone I just want to see the good posts with information keep coming. Thanks for everyones comments.

Back