Original "Age requirement" Thread

hobie

Sub-par
Folks,
We were keeping it up because it was a prime example of why the under 21 rules were in place. In an attempt to split and refocus the original thread, I moved (thought I had copied) it over to a scratch area, where I deleted what I thought was a copy. MY FAULT.

This is a serious subject for the life of the board, and I take full responsibility for the error.

Jason

From Bruce

The post that exemplified the meaning of that thread came from radioman:
radioman said:
I'm in favor of the age requirement with provisional membership granted through sponsorship to younger potential members. It's a way to weed out the traffic and attitudes that contribute nothing to a board whose purpose is stated in its name. I personally don't care to read in a thread hijack that you saw someone on Capitol Blvd last tuesday or that there's a party at Buttwipe's house this coming Saturday, unless, of course, you're inviting all of us, too.:p Save that tripe for phone messaging or private messaging.

If a board is considered to be informative and is a place to seek info from people who are considered to be knowledgeable, then every contributing member of that board has to be a "team member." There has to be a joint effort here to spread knowledge and info if we are to be considered a family. We should all be aware that what's here and who's here is where the web wheeler gets his or her feeling of family. Face-to-face gatherings and trail riding are the best place to get acquainted, but the web wheeling phase is a big part of what all here enjoy, too. So, the way I see it, it's up to the moderator committees to decide who's contributing and who's detracting, and to deal with it.

So what if you're a newbie, if you have a valid experience at something, relate it, but don't ever try to befuddle us with BS. If you have a question, ask it, but don't get sand in the crack of yer butt because you don't get the answer you wanted. In those cases, all you're trying to do is get confirmation and approval of what you've already decided to do, and trust us, we see right through that. If you decide to blow off what advice is posted, then you could have been right in doing so because none of us here is YOU, and none of us here knows as much about YOUR intentions on how you use your vehicle and what you want to do with it. You may just be on the wrong board for your kind of 4WD activities, but keep in mind also that you may find that what we do here may be far more fun that what you think you want to do.

If you know nothing when you come to this board, you should be able to log off with the feeling that you got something from the experience and maybe contributed something, too.

Has the ban been enacted? I wanted to post in another section and could not.

I just read the sticky at the top of the general chit chat. Sorry...

Back