Opinions on this 97 K1500

not a bad looking 10yo truck...
Being in PA I woudl be extremely concerened about rust.
97 not a good year for 4l60e especilly with that mileage...if it hasnt been pampered or if it has towed much, I would plan on a tranny rebuild in the next 10k...maybe not but I would plan on it...

My concerns it being a truck with an " R " engine. (eigth digit of VIN) 350 Vortec w/2 piece intake manifold and "spider injection"
The intake gaskets are prone to failure, mostly at the water passages of the head and intake, occasionally on an intake runner. coolant leak/loss very common. Also has the ZINC coupler from intake to upper heater hose, another common failure prone part.

ai8.ebayimg.com_06_i_000_87_e6_575d_12.JPG

This appears to be a rust hole on the rocker panel, you can bet there is more. hard brake line in frame rail over rear axle is also suspect of rust ( very common, even in a non rust belt state) Also check door bottoms and tailgate.

I wouldn't offer much more than what I see as the highest bid.

Looks like a nice truck otherwise, just know that once it's started rusting in the rockers, it's goin deeper.

let me add i have a 98 ex-cab with the 305 5-speed. Maitnance wise is this truck going to be a lot more costly? To be exact I have a 98 Cheyenne ex cab 5-speed 4x4 with the 305 no power windows or anything. 139,000 miles overall pretty decent shape the plan was to sell mine and buy that and money wise be about the same. child seat will not fit in the back so i cant take the family out so 4 doors would be nice but we also have a 06 sienna no its not a must.

check this out...maybe a better deal...not sure if its extended cab or not...

I sold a 92' K5 two years ago with a 350TBI in it. It had 270k on the OD and a fresh tranny rebuild. Great truck, but never saw salt. I still got $5500 for it, people love 4x4 trucks down here! That and it was super clean.

Some teenager bought it. He already had a S-10 blazer, but his dad told me he liked to date big chicks and the S-10 wasn't cutting it. The kid told me he liked the big chicks cause they always take care of him and buy him drinks when they go out:shaking:

Back