On board air...

bigblueyj

I looked at the post that was sticky about the tbi install with the kilby setup but didn't really see any info I could use for my application. I have an 89 wrangler with a 95 chevy LT1 out of a caprice cop car in it. I left the air conditioning compressor on the motor in hopes of using it as an on board air source. I have heard of people doing this with the 4.3 liter V6 which is the same setup as the LT1 but haven't been able to find any good leads on this. So I know the compressor can only be run at idle and it needs and external oiler on it. What I've heard also. So my question is... Has anyone on this forum done this or seen it done? And if so could you maybe point me in the right direction. Thanks.

I dont know if you have seen this off the kilby site, but its a diagram that lists parts that you will probably need and might help you understand what you will be doing http://www.kilbyenterprises.com/oba-scem.htm and you can also try giving them a call or visiting thier forums, several friends have called with questions and they had good experience with the company being able to suggest parts even if they dont buy from them. Goodluck.

Leach

I have one of these on my buggy, it works OK. It's one of those things that may last a few years, or a few minutes. Mine has lasted over a year so far. I can't remember the last time I oiled it. They seem to work alot better with a lower psi. I only use it to inflate tires so it rarely gets to the turn off presure, I just turn it of with a switch on dash. If you already have it, use it. Most stuff you need (switches, hoses, etc) you can use on something else if it does not last
Also if you ad oil to air intake, it makes a mess coming back out. I only oil mine if it starts making noise.

Back