old school jeep (take me to school)

chromerunner

The Scrambler
looking to find info about a rig like this.

76 cherokee 360/ 727 engine and trans. dana 44 axles

whats one running worth????? decent or stay away?:popcorn:

hmm...this can be hard to determine without more info, pics, etc...

BUT...being a '76, it shouldn't have a TC727; it should have a TH400 with a BW1339 (QuadraTrac) t-case. You can be sure by looking at the rear Dana 44; it should be offset quite a bit to the pass. side. TC727s weren't used in FSJs until the VERY early 80s. Be sure to check the floor pans (prone to rusting) and around the gas tank (and skid plate if equipped). The Cherokees came with 3.31 and 3.54 gearing. Most likely it's 3.54 geared. You can expect to pay anywhere from $100 (AMHIK) to $2,000, but it's gotta be pretty nice to be that high. There ARE exceptions to the price rule, however. Your best bet would be to check out www.ifsja.org for more info, if you're really interested in finding out more about this rig.:beer:

BTW- Do Not Fear The DARKSIDE, but...
vader.jpg

lol theres a 2door fullsize on ebay for 4oo.oo out the door in knightsville running and not really rusted to bad. just seeing what they run for. ill try and look for the link again

I definitely can't find the listing:popcorn:

looking to find info about a rig like this.

76 cherokee 360/ 727 engine and trans. dana 44 axles

whats one running worth????? decent or stay away?:popcorn:

it depend on the condition and how much of a Fullsize jeep nut you are. the bug this is look for rust. Iwoul think a good running with no rust(Rare with out rust) would be around 1500-2000 I paid 650 for my j10 blown motor and no rust any where

His post said something about the modge being bad. What is that? His writing is kind of hard to understand. I would love to have that but I have too many prokects like most on this board.

"Modge"= Modulator
This particular Cherokee is a NarrowTrac (like a Wagoneer), not a WideTrac. Some of the wiring under the hood looks a little shady, but I've got a harness from a '78 Wagoneer if needed. Those FSJs (before '78) have the "not so great" Motorcraft "Prestolite" ignitions. They can be converted to the later model Duraspark ignition. http://etomite.buildyour4x4.com/index.php?id=22
It seems like I know that seller to an extent. Seems I remember him parting out a blue GW a while back. $400??? hmm...go take a look at it and make a decision.:driver:

I paid 500 for one with the 360, 727, and 44's. It ran, had no rust, and all the power worked. I then cut it up and took most to the scrap yard.

Back