[Nov 8, 2014] Veterans Ride (Eldorado, NC)

trailhugger

Human Resources
Administrator
Come on out and celebrate our nation's heroes at the 4th Annual Veterans Day Ride!

Proud to announce the Annual Veterans Ride at Uwharrie National forest will continue!! Every year there has been a bigger turn out as we continue to help out a deserving charity.

This is a very special event, this is our time as Veterans, Acitve Duty, Freinds and Family, to come together to celebrate the lives of the brothers and sisters in arms that are no longer with us and share in the comradary of those who have served their country.

$10 Donation per person covers your Whole weekend.
All veterans in for free!!!!!

This years sponsors!!
Carolina Metal Masters http://www.carolinametalmasters.com/
Vesco Toyotalift http://www.vescoforklifts.com/
NC4x4
Uwharrie Off Road Training Center http://uortc.com/
Eldarado Outpost http://www.eldoradooutpost.com/

Event held at the Uwharrie Offroad Training Center across from the Eldorado Outpost in Eldorado, NC, right up the street from the main entrance to the Uwharrie Off Highway Vehicle trail system.

Gate will open Thursday morning at 9am, November 6, through Sunday, late evening. Camping is free and there will be firewood at all of the established fire rings on the property. There are no electrical or sewer hookups although there is plenty of room for large RVs. There will be port-a-potties on site (Handicap access as well)

Main Event: Saturday, Nov. 8th

9am at the UORTC Property, we will gather for a quick brief of the day and can break up into wheelin groups at this time. The Carolina Trail Blazers will be there and offering guided rides of different difficulties and areas. We will be riding in the Uwharrie National Forest on saturday,and there will be a ride at the Big Creek property conducted by UORTC.

Wheelers need to be tagged and street legal. If need be, you can trailer to the Uwharrie Trail heads and meet up with your group there. There will be very limited parking at the Big Creek Property. We will all meet back at the UORTC at 3pm, when we will start the the drawings for the benefit raffle, and then proceed to dedication ceremonys for the evening.

Come on in and set up to camp on Thursday morning, I'm sure there will be plenty of other wheelers around to find a group and go hit the trails!!

To everyone who is planning to join us, if you have an open seat please feel free to share it, there will likely to be many that will need a wheelin buddy for the weekend!!

If you are a Veteran or a family member that has any type of special needs please let me know and we will take care of you! Jason 828 8 five five 6181

Last edited:
Jason, vets get in free.... Keep a head count and i will cover there entry.

Please Welcome 4Wheel to Heal as our charity partner this year. These guys are an awesome group that introduce injured veterans to the Off Roading life that we love. I cant think of a more fitting partner for the Veterans ride and I am excited to have them!
http://www.4w2h.org/

100% of all proceeds will go to 4 Wheel to Heal!!!!!

RAFFLE!!!
We will be doing a raffle this year to benifit 4 Wheel to Heal Sponsored by Carolina Metal Masters! There will be details and continuing information on the raffle as info is available. I will tell you this, it will be a BIG one with many vendors from across the country! If you would like to make any type of daonation to the raffle please contact myself or Jeremy (ABadJeeper) here on NC4x4.

Last edited:
Snappy, you are one hell of a guy. Snappy has sponsored the first 50 Veterans through the gate!!!!!

I will personally match that and sponsor the next 50 Veterans as well, I agree, all Veterans in for free!!!
Nah. i will take care of the next 50. My contribution to the cause.

Can't wait awlays a good crowd and lots of time to sit by the fire and remember the one we've served with and tell stories of where we been and what we've seen.

I'm really excited to be helping Jason this year and I look forward to getting out there and having a good time as I have had every year so far as long as Brad isn't spotting for me. LOL

I'm working hard on getting vendors on board to help with the raffle so hopefully we'll have some really good stuff this year that will hopefully raise some good money for 4 Wheel to heal.

I feel bad!!
I'm probably the reason Jason has to say "needs to be tagged and street legal". Last thing I want is problems at this great event! I would have felt like the Taliban if I would have caused issues last year. I was just happy and honored to be asked by a great friend and Marine vet (13yrs) to attend the event. I was last minute getting the Jeep running again, it had been sitting for about 9-10 years. Well however long it's been since "Truck Fest" has been at Charlotte Motor Speedway! Tough truck race was why it was stripped down and last time it was really wheeled.
SORRY JASON!!!!!!!!!!!
If I don't get another Jeep ready in time for this years ride, I will put lights in and tag on the CJ-5! I had a great time last year and even wound up in the magazine from the event! Look forward to this year! I try and plan a little better this year...of course that Jeep hasn't been touched since last years ride!

Jason, Thanks for putting this on!

That's my birthday....I need to be there.
If I can find a street legal rig by then...

I have 2 empty seats in my JK if any Veteran needs a ride, More then happy to share the good trail ride we will have. Just let me know or let Jason W know and he will get with me. And im thinking I might have another bunk in the camper for some one to crash on also.

Hey all, I've been in NC for a year now and unfortunately I haven't gotten out wheeling once. I plan to make this weekend and as an active duty guy, I really appreciate all the support you all are putting up here. Awesome cause and I should have a few open seats for the rides. Looking forward to getting out and meeting everyone!

Back