Nolan test or something like it

McCracken

Logan Can't See This
So I might be applying for a job somewhere else. I don't like to post shit like this because I'm one of these people that gets paranoid about my current employer finding out. My understanding is that they make you take a test or a series of tests. I'd like to do well so I need to study. One of my contacts said they use the Nolan test. One part is math, one engineering principles and the last a personality test. However, when I look on Google I'm not finding shit. Anybody got any info / links where I could practice such things? I was thinking maybe a GRE prep test too.

GRE prep isn't where I would start. All I can think of is a FE (fundamentals of engineering) prep book. I used one my senior year of college and it should have everything you need in there. It makes for a pretty decent reference too. An old copy is just as correct as a brand new version. Amazon will probably have a used one for $15-$20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isnt the Nolan Test a political plot chart test?

Isnt the Nolan Test a political plot chart test?

Yep and any employer testing you on your political stance... well, it's likely a fair bet you wouldn't want to work there. Well, unless you are applying to be the engineering manager at a political campaign. :lol:

Did he say "knowledge" test maybe? I know words can be hard the further west you go in the state... :flipoff2:

Just a quick tip for anyone that applies for a "resume requiring" job anywhere... If the company is worth a shit they will contact your current employer for a reference, after which your current employer will know you are job shopping which may or may not turn out positively for you. Not saying you didn't know that, but a lot of people don't think about it.

That's always the risk. I think everybody can assume that but nothing ventured, nothing gained. At some point you've got to shit or get off the pot. I'm looking out for my future and the well being of the family. If you sit in fear that the company will find out you're not happy then you need to be OK with the fact that they may pay you less because they see you as a lifer. You should also accept that you may never progress any further in your current situation because the company has determined they like you where you are.

Well Logan tapped early with his whiskey drinking shenanigans so....

Maybe some time I'll tell you about the time I volunteered to take a friend's place when they were hauling people to the drunk tank.

I'm sure somebody on fiverr would ace it for you.

I'm sure that would work however I'm also taking a tour and meeting with the manager and various other Lead Team members. My bullshitting skills are unmatched so I'm not sure how'd I'd swing the stunt double mid-process.

Best way to ace a handwritten personality test... write "which one?" for every answer. It simply can't be debated.

So I might be applying for a job somewhere else. I don't like to post shit like this because I'm one of these people that gets paranoid about my current employer finding out.
Yet you put it in GCC.:lol:

I'd be shocked if a perspective employer calls a current one without your approval.

That's a huge No No in the corporate world and an open invitation for a lawsuit.

I'd be shocked if a perspective employer calls a current one without your approval.

That's a huge No No in the corporate world and an open invitation for a lawsuit.

Just like when you fill out a rental application, almost universally when you fill out a job application there is wording somewhere that allows the employer to ask anyone for a reference--even if you didn't list them. The only real legal risk is on the part of the reference if they legitimately slander you.
I don't know why anyone would expect a prospective employer not to actually contact previous employers unless they were direct competitors.

Just like when you fill out a rental application, almost universally when you fill out a job application there is wording somewhere that allows the employer to ask anyone for a reference--even if you didn't list them. The only real legal risk is on the part of the reference if they legitimately slander you.
I don't know why anyone would expect a prospective employer not to actually contact previous employers unless they were direct competitors.
In the business I work in, companies don't call call for references. It doesn't gain you much, as your current/previous employers can't really say a whole lot. Heck they don't really even talk to each other when moving internally. Now they might reach out to industry contracts and research you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back