NO haggle pricing at Jim Barkley Toyota in Asheville

notruck

Does NO haggle pricing at Jim Barkley Toyota really mean NO haggle pricing?

I don't want to drive out there to find undisclosed dealer installed options, dealer fees and whatever else dealerships do to make extra money...

Just call them and flat out ask what the out of the door price is, and to email you a breakdown of the price list.
The last car we bought new, I literally arranged everything ahead of time via email and phone, then just walked on the lot to sign and drive.

Just call them and flat out ask what the out of the door price is, and to email you a breakdown of the price list.
The last car we bought new, I literally arranged everything ahead of time via email and phone, then just walked on the lot to sign and drive.

This was at Jim Barkley Toyota or some other dealer?

Yes, that is my plan due to the distance, email and phone...

Somebody's first hand experience with that dealership would be helpful though.

My sister got a new Tacoma from them less than 2 years ago. She shopped around everywhere within 4 hours of Bristol/Johnson city. They had the best price and could get the specific options she wanted.

This was at Jim Barkley Toyota or some other dealer?

Yes, that is my plan due to the distance, email and phone...

Somebody's first hand experience with that dealership would be helpful though.
other dealer.
but if you get them to put it in writing (email) you're golden.
And if they won't... that's a sign.

All "no haggle" pricing means is that they won't negotiate on pricing. Many times the internet prices include discounts that don't apply to you such as military discount or lease loyalty discount. On top of the "no haggle" price, they will add doc fees (AKA profit fees), a tag fee, and tax for the state in which the vehicle will be registered. Tax is roughly 3% for NC. Doc fees are all over the place, but some states have it regulated. For a general estimate, you can figure $1500 in add on cost. You will pay the tax whether you buy from a dealer or a private seller. For a $20,000 vehicle it will probably be closer to $1000 and for a $40,000 vehicle it will probably be closer to $2000 total.

I worked as a service tech at Barkley and yes the price posted is what it is. Now the tax, tag and title fee we be added on top of that but no they don't pull any dealer bs on top of that. I will also add that they really take care of any problems you may have with the vehicle without any hassle. The techs hate them for that and we call it the you cry we buy policy meaning that if the customer complains about a dirty floor mat they would give them 4 new ones and tires for life.

I worked as a service tech at Barkley and yes the price posted is what it is. Now the tax, tag and title fee we be added on top of that but no they don't pull any dealer bs on top of that. I will also add that they really take care of any problems you may have with the vehicle without any hassle. The techs hate them for that and we call it the you cry we buy policy meaning that if the customer complains about a dirty floor mat they would give them 4 new ones and tires for life.

That sounds good. It is great to get this information from somebody who worked there... Thanks.

Now how do I get them to reply to my email? :) I asked for no car mats on a car. Perhaps that is the problem...

most drug dealers have no haggle pricing. no hassle pricing is what you are looking for.

lol, its a fancy way of sayin this is our price, we wont negotiate, you know, "this way to the great eagress" type of thing.

There are 1 or 2 dealers like that here in CLT. Their prices got crushed by the traditional dealers. Ended up buying a used car as the killer was the misc fees on a new car. Dealer fees, floor mats, pin stripes, you name it. All these are on top of the advertised price.

We bought a new 4-runner last year and the buying experience was a pleasure. The prices of the new vehicles are posted in each one. We traded a 02 Grand Cherokee and I got them to give me $300 more for it. That was the only "extra" negotiation. The used vehicle prices are negotiable though.

Back