New trailer law requiring class a?

bashed

Trust Only Within Yourself
Just curious if anyone has heard anything about the laws changing regarding towing a trailer in NC. My sister-in-law's father works for a local lumber company and he was saying they had a meeting this week regarding new law changes. The state trooper that was present stated that any one towing a trailer(suv and van excluded) with more than one axle (camper excluded) will be required to have a class a license regardless of gvwr. I've not been able to find anything online about it and wondering if any one else knows anything about this?

There are several/many states that require class A for RV's....not CDL, just a higher class std. license.

Wouldn't be surprised for the state to do this.. And just my luck...just gave up mine as I haven't needed more than reg. license the past 4 years...didn't see need to pay the $$$ when I renewed last summer.

Sounds like BS to me. OR, like back in the 70's; a Trooper must have been having a Bad day, as he stopped by my Volunteer FD, after we returned from a call. Wanted to know if the Fire Truck drivers had CDL's. We felt he was crazy, but he tried to make trouble. Our Chief had the Fire Marshall call the Trooper's Headquarters, & straighten him out. VFD are Exempt in NC.
Even if the State wanted to collect More money, just look at all the Contractors running around with tandam trailers, many of them a POS, with no tags or operating lights! 99% Never get stopped, can you image requiring them to have CDL?:shaking:

Sounds like BS to me. OR, like back in the 70's; a Trooper must have been having a Bad day, as he stopped by my Volunteer FD, after we returned from a call. Wanted to know if the Fire Truck drivers had CDL's. We felt he was crazy, but he tried to make trouble. Our Chief had the Fire Marshall call the Trooper's Headquarters, & straighten him out. VFD are Exempt in NC.
Even if the State wanted to collect More money, just look at all the Contractors running around with tandam trailers, many of them a POS, with no tags or operating lights! 99% Never get stopped, can you image requiring them to have CDL?:shaking:

My exact thoughts!! I love this place!!

Best $10 you'll ever spend if you have a larger trailer is for a "Not for hire" decal for the sides of it
If you are paying $10 you should call me

I'm in the middle of getting cdls right now, the lady at DMV mentioned nothing about this new law to me.

Back