new tow rig

living quarters for the 5-6 of us who usually go wheeling together. already got a/c, awning, generator, and a kitchen for it. need to make some kind of bunk bed system. then tow one rig with it where ever we go.

Sitting in the Wendy's parking lot today I saw a "short bus" at the light and it got me to thinking. I WAS thinking of getting and Int'l box truck with a DT466 motor and put on a hitch and build me a motor home in the box and use it as a tow rig.
Now maybe ...Int'l short bus, couple of seats, small living qtrs and a good receiver hitch:beer:

Ya ever ridden in a Blue Bird? Might want to stock up on the Dramamine.

Very cool, tho.

drove the blue bird back from pa yesterday. air seat took care of the need for dramamine. that 5.9 is strong. up hill or down hill it runs 60. damn i got to get rid of the gov. other then that we have some parts ready to go it.

Im jealus. Ive always wanted to do a bus to RV conversion. What kind of towing capacity and gas mileage does it have?

What was that thing built to do originally? It's got no windows and it's black, some kinda SWAT type deal?

stone said:
drove the blue bird back from pa yesterday. air seat took care of the need for dramamine. that 5.9 is strong. up hill or down hill it runs 60. damn i got to get rid of the gov. other then that we have some parts ready to go it.

is it the same 12V CTD that's in my '89?

you ought to have plenty of options to get it tuned and running right...:D

Greg

same as your 89 but it is intercooled. its getting a little motor make over this week.

a guy bought it to haul tools. he was a tool salesman. i dont think it was ever a school bus because there is no evidence of seats. the paint job is going to be a supprise. i think it will look really cool.

Back