New Tow Rig and Camper setup

Caver Dave said:
Sweet rig!

A few questions...
1) What mill is in the F250?
2) Do you have "overload" leafs in the rear?
3) What's your guesstimation of the trailer/Jeep weight?

Just trying to get a handle on dragging my trash... I don't anticipate any issues pulling what I estimate will be about 5500#'s worth of trailer/Jeep with a fairly heavy 3/4ton, but I don't have overloads and wonder if it'll effect things too much...

the engine is a 460 gas engine like Galen said.

No over load leafs but I now have Air Bags :) that I took off my last truck.

I weighted trailer and all at 13,500lbs without all gear and animals, etc.. so I guess I am at 14,000lb going down the road.

Cool... I licensed for 13K

Truck = 6000# full of fuel (no gear)
Trailer= 5500# Guestimation trailer & Jeep

Assuming I'm way off the mark of load amount, 1500# of "gear" should keep me under the 13K limit... in case the DMV decide I look like an "easy mark" :D

I remember reading somewhere that there's a 10% margin over your tagged weight before they'll put the screws to ya, but I cannot find it again, so I take no responsibility... (disclaimer)

Rich said:
I remember reading somewhere that there's a 10% margin over your tagged weight before they'll put the screws to ya, but I cannot find it again, so I take no responsibility... (disclaimer)
I called on that "Some time back" because the lady at DMV told me about it but the DMV ticket man told me no if you are over you get a ticket but it was really up to the person doing the ticket. Just like 5 mph over "rule" for speeding.
But this is what I did read at the DMV office.
DMV only sells in blocks of 1000lb and it is a form of tax, so they give up to 1000 lbs to be fair.
That being said it sounded to me and her that if you pay for 15,000lb but weigh 15,250 they would not make you pay the extra for 750 lbs you will not use. That is for personal use only.
Jon

ahhh, there ya go.. a free thousand...

Looks like I will be joining the "Tin Can Tent" crowd. I will be heading to Delaware to pick up a truck camper next weekend. I just got to figure how to get it back to NC safely with having any tie downs on my truck. I need to get the camper here so I can fab up something. Here is my 1974 Coachmen TC. :D

It has to come back in the back of my F350.

DogHouse002Custom.jpg

Looks like that is what I will be doing. I just don't want the straps beating/rubbing the paint off my truck. I gotta take off my tool box and my corner box. I also have to ditch the bedliner. I ordered a thick rubber mat today. :)

Mike, The sleeper belongs to Sammi_Davis aka Greg. It is being stored behind my shop currently and it may be FOR SALE possibly. It is not as nice as yours but it is a good platform to start on. I bailed out on doing it and decided on a truck camper instead.

Well I took my Truck and Trailer empty to the scales this past weekend and now have the weight of both..

Truck is 5200lbs

Trailer is 2040lbs

I am very happy with the trailer wieght...

My original estimate was to be at 2000lbs so I am damn close... :)

Don't be. Now I have another payment. :(

I really wanted to find something used and affordable. The Superduty is narrower than the older trucks across the tailgate opening and this prevented me from getting a older model. :(

Oh well...... another day, another payment book. :rolleyes:

Well Took the Truck and camper setup out again and I must say they are doing pretty well. ( except for steep hills )

I am getting 8.3MPG when fully loaded.

I am around 14,500 with Truck, camper, trailer and Jeep.

I added a tranny cooler, and air bags to the back and man it road so much better... Now if I can just get some more low end torque for those up hills climbs I will be doing ok..

Attachments

• Camper_callante.jpg
    Camper_callante.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 465
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry Ken the steep hills hurt all of us!!!!! I dont want to know what my MPG were but I know what I weighed in at. 15,980lbs. HAHAHA!!!! I found out how heavy my jeep was and YIKES!!!! But it was a great trip to TELLICO and the event went great and I will never miss the Dixie Run with my friends. :) :D :driver:

A couple of weeks ago I took a trip to Ohio and took the Zuk along. I got between 12.8 and 13.7 mpg towing thru the mountains. I was pretty happy with that. The truck camper is really working out well. Looks like yours is too. :beer:

16k?? Daaaaamn... I'm assuming you're towing with a 2500, which would weigh ~7000, with an absolute max of 8000 (benefit of the doubt), figuring every option...

That leaves 8,000 for a Jeep & trailer... Must be one helluva trailer! (Goose maybe?)

Musta been a whole lot of wood.. :D

O YEAH!!!!

Well yeah look at my name. It's a 2500HD DURAMAX DIESEL CC/SB truck. The trailer weighs 2,300lbs and my jeep is weighing in at 6,000lbs. Stock it was 4,680lbs o yeah and about 1,000lbs of wood in the back. :) It pulled just fine except the big 8% grade hills we went up and the gas milage was not so great. I LOVE IT!!!!! :D :driver:

KRAWLER :smokin:

DOUGHBOYDD2500HD said:
Well yeah look at my name. It's a 2500HD DURAMAX DIESEL CC/SB truck. The trailer weighs 2,300lbs and my jeep is weighing in at 6,000lbs. Stock it was 4,680lbs o yeah and about 1,000lbs of wood in the back. :) It pulled just fine except the big 8% grade hills we went up and the gas milage was not so great. I LOVE IT!!!!! :D :driver:

KRAWLER :smokin:

Thats ok, dont be bashful and tell everyone you got outrun by the power stroke.

Lets just say that if you all think your shit is slow Trust me I win that hands down :)

I got down to 20MPH on the 8% grades :)

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20!!!!!!!! WHAT THATS CRAZY!!!!! Hey STUDNUTS I dont think we went slower than 50 right?? STUDNUTS and my friend and I were "HAULING" back and forth from TELLICO. Made it there in What are the times and specs STUDNUTS I forget.

KRAWLER :driver:

Back