New tow pig prices

When you hit the market for a sub-$20k 15-17 6.7 PSD, please find 2.
If you're ok with an XL or XLT, they are out there. Lariat and up are closer to the $35k range, even with a quarter million miles.

Also, I like how you framed the purchase and sale of your old 6.0 to suggest that it appreciated in value while you owned it. That's creative. ;)

Hey I didnt frame anything...All I know is I bought an 07 in 2011 and sold it in 2015 for more than I paid for it. FWIW the new owner has been offerrred (in 2020) more than he paid me for it in 2015...

So call it what you will but "sounds" like appreciation..(Although Ill give you thats market stupidity)

6.0 still the best truck for the money , the 6.7 Ford are getting more affordable and are even better , and yes 6.0 are going up in value a lot , dodges still falling like always in price and quality and everything else.

Last edited:
6.0 still the best truck for the money , the 6.7 Ford are getting more affordable and are even better , and yes 6.0 are going up in value a lot , dodges still falling like always in price and quality and everything else.
I just need you to find me one or two...
Really want to replace both trucks

6.0 still the best truck for the money

Best part about mine, is it's paid for (along with everything ELSE I own)

FUUUCK a payment of ANY kind....even house :huggy:

2C46AA5E-D7AE-4AF5-AB58-A06FBE0D89FA.png
Best part about mine, is it's paid for (along with everything ELSE I own)

FUUUCK a payment of ANY kind....even house :huggy:

Me too brother !!! If I can’t pay cash I don’t need it !! This would be bad ass though

Threads like this make me think about selling my 2015 Ram CCSB, 4X4, 6 speed, deleted, ride. I could likely break even on the purchase price.
Only thing is what I would purchase to replace it and at what cost it would be.
Ya never know...

The 2017 (purchased with 0 miles in 2018) 6.7 I snagged for the landscaping bidness, according to cargurus, I could at least list it for slightly more than purchase price. But to your point, what do I replace it with.

If you're ok with an XL or XLT, they are out there. Lariat and up are closer to the $35k range, even with a quarter million miles.

I like my trucks like I like my women, well equipped, well taken care of, highly experienced, and really cheap.

This is where we're very much alike. I'd settle for an XLT but I do like leather while the kids are young. Because...kids

I just need you to find me one or two...
Really want to replace both trucks
Hey, back off man, I've been badgering him about another 6.7 for at least a year. I've had my current truck for over two and a half years! Thats unacceptable!

Just looked up my truck's private party value and referenced my purchase agreement from May 2015.
KBB private party in very good shape- $36k
Bought new in 2015- $44.5k out the door
Not too bad for 85k miles and almost 5.5 years
Sold my 2012 in 2015 to a dealer for 1k less than I paid for it. I have regretted it since.

Just looked up my truck's private party value and referenced my purchase agreement from May 2015.
KBB private party in very good shape- $36k
Bought new in 2015- $44.5k out the door
Not too bad for 85k miles and almost 5.5 years
You told me you got in under $40k at the time...see if I ever trust you again...

my 2007 6.0 i'd love to replace, but not 35k replace the thing. I'll keep driving it till it has issues to warrant replacing, but its going strong now and paid for!

I honestly would get a gasser if I replaced mine most likely.

my 2007 6.0 i'd love to replace, but not 35k replace the thing. I'll keep driving it till it has issues to warrant replacing, but its going strong now and paid for!

I honestly would get a gasser if I replaced mine most likely.

My next one will be a gasser. Im not towing as much as I used to and diesel emissions are crazy, though I haven't had a problem, yet. From what I'm seeing guys with the new 7.3 are getting 12ish mpg mixed city hwy driving. I get 16 with the 6.7, not even figuring maintenance, just the price difference between gas and diesel around here it's basically a wash or pennies cheaper to drive a gasser. And the new 7.3 is more hp but a little less tq than the old 6.0 diesel that used to pull my stuff just fine. But hopefully that'll be 10 years or more down the road.

My next one will be a gasser. Im not towing as much as I used to and diesel emissions are crazy, though I haven't had a problem, yet. From what I'm seeing guys with the new 7.3 are getting 12ish mpg mixed city hwy driving. I get 16 with the 6.7, not even figuring maintenance, just the price difference between gas and diesel around here it's basically a wash or pennies cheaper to drive a gasser. And the new 7.3 is more hp but a little less tq than the old 6.0 diesel that used to pull my stuff just fine. But hopefully that'll be 10 years or more down the road.

Same exact logic that I am thinking. Honestly by the time I need a new truck, the 1500 trucks might even do it for me. The 100 dollar oil changes, fuel filter changes, etc on my 6.0 really add up. Plus whenever stuff breaks its almost always more on a diesel.

Back