New to site, looking to move to NC

ahm1127

Hello,
looking at homes South West of Raleigh in March. Wanting to move longtime and finally growing some (&^%. I like the Charlotte area better, but jobs look better in Raleigh.
I have a 99 Cherokee w/ 4.5" lift & 31" Kumho, exhaust, home made roof rack, and continue to look for more ideas.
I currently live in NY and hate it since i moved from MD. What ever is fun in NY the find a way to stop it, NO ATV, DRAG STRIPS, 4x4 TRAILS and so on.
Any info on areas to live and play greatly appreciated,
thanks,
Aaron

Well I wish I could tell you more, I just moved downhere two years ago from Jersey and I will not go back to the north. I am in Hubert, which is a little more than 3 hours down from Raleigh, offroading is nice, you have Uwharrie down in South Carolina and Tellico in North Carolina. The closer to Tellico or Uwharie you get the better for you.

I like the Charlotte area better, but jobs look better in Raleigh.
What kind of jobs are you looking for? And, if you like Charlotte better, why not try to find something around here? Personally, I think this area has a lot more to offer (extra-curricular) than anywhere else in the state.
you have Uwharrie down in South Carolina and Tellico in North Carolina. The closer to Tellico or Uwharie you get the better for you.
Holy crap! I must've missed it! When did they move Uwharrie out of nc? Had to be tough.

Thanks for the info.
Im looking to work for an Engineering Cosultant as an inspector or Office Engineer. Most of my work has been in downtown Manhattan rebuilding all the sewers, water mains, utilities and roadway. Spent a short time working in the Fire houses for the FDNY.
Im looking toward the Siler City area, B/t Charlotte and Raleigh.

I think there are more consulting engineering firms in the Raleigh area than in Charlotte. I'm assuming that you are looking for a civil firm. Correct? There are several good ones in the Raleigh area. My firm does everything but civil and structural.

thanks, but we're full up on relocated yankees here.:lol:

j/k, good luck with your move. nc is a nice place to live.

"I'm assuming that you are looking for a civil firm. Correct?"
Yes, Civil. I'm an office Engineer at this time Thanks.
"thanks, but we're full up on relocated yankees here."
I see that, everyone i talk to says they know somone who moved there. Sorry its so much nicer by you. :lol:

If your looking at Siler City, you might also look at Pittsboro or Sanford. Sanford is not far from Raleigh, about an hour, no traffic to speak of, Pittsboro is a bit closer. both have cheaper housing. Both are about an hour from URE for wheeling.

Holly Springs is nice, but it's close to Raleigh, their property values are on the rise.

Back