New Tire Thread rev. 963 Toyo At2 vs Toyo AT3

Ron

Dum Spiro Spero
Ok after 73,000 miles :eek: no joke, the Tundra needs new shoes.
Have been nothing but happy with the Toyo A/T 2 extremes on it now...and was intent to put another ste just like them back on....
Called my local trusty tire dealer asked them to order me a set and change them Friday. Was surprised to be asked do you want the AT2 or the new AT3s.

Looking online the tread pattern looks very similar. Of course Toyos website is full of ad speak about new, improved, best ever but no discernible difference.

So anyone had the chance to compare them side by side. Can anyone identify any difference between the two? And which do you prefer?

FWIW I put AT2 Extremes on the Ram a few months ago and the AT3 was just starting to get to distributors. I was advised by my go to dealer to run the tire that had a known reputation. Not saying there was or is anything wrong with the AT3, but its just easy to know what you are going to get out of the AT2 Extreme.

Looks like it should hold up even better because the tread is tighter in the center. But honestly, why are you not putting the cheapest tires you can on there? You're getting a new Bronco, so whatever you buy will outlast your ownership of the truck. ;)

Looks like it should hold up even better because the tread is tighter in the center. But honestly, why are you not putting the cheapest tires you can on there? You're getting a new Bronco, so whatever you buy will outlast your ownership of the truck. ;)

Well sine a bronco isnt good for hauling manure and such, and since you aint coming down on the price of your truck Ill need to keep this as a farm truck.
And honestly its an oddball size...there only maybe $200 difference between anything Id trust my life with on the highway and the Toyos....

Stretch is reading my thoughts...its one of those...you got 70k how much better could it be...but then again maybe it and Im missing out hahaha

I just bought some toyo at3s for my tahoe last week. In the 285 size. Tire store recommend them. They were about $10 more per tire than the cooper at3s that I went to buy. I like the look and ride quality of the toyos. I replaced my worn bfg ko2s with 45k miles to these. Only downfall I noticed is that the toyos are a little louder at hwy speeds than the bfgs. But I cant speak for the at2 vs at3 comparison.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
4384df4b463ba81f57142ef66b6e5261.jpg
0e8d6140c20c6b9ace1acdda549724f1.jpg

Last edited:
Just for folks who find this in the future.
Went with the AT2 because of known commodity and the AT3 tread looks like a Superman S to me and once I saw it I couldnt unsee it.

Back