New Member Check In - Post HERE <------------------

New guy here. My name is Ryan, just moved to Asheville with my fiance from Denver, CO. Hope to find some people around here to wheel with, seems like there isn't much around the Asheville area from my understanding. I have a 94 ford ranger. Building it to eventually race ecors. How are the cops on driving street legalish trucks in this part of the country?

Call or text me anytime and I'll introduce you to the gang. We wheel at least a couple weekends a month.
828-755-1005

Hi just wanted to introduce myself- I'm Dave and I am originally from Cocoa Beach FL but moved to Maryland in 1992 to take a job offer and after a long career up there I moved to NC two years ago. My Jeep hasn't seen offroading in awhile has need a lot of repairs (I now have it looking and running good).
It's current stats are - 2001 SPORT XJ 4.0, NP-231, DANA 35 (open) DANA 30 (locker), 4.5 lift, Procomp springs with hockey pucks and EconoLine Van Leaf Springs, TeraFlex Shackles, SkyJacker Hydro shocks, 31x10.5 (Brand New)on stock rims, Nates 4x4 custom bumper, Magnaflow muffler, Precision Auto Injectors, Stabilizer Quick Release.
Mostly wheeled at Big Dog events in WV, Rausch Creek PA and Camp Jeep 2007 in VA with Maryland Creepers.

Attachments

• 305115_119226921516499_1038030127_n.jpg
    305115_119226921516499_1038030127_n.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 340
  • 581195_228081400631050_1274277237_n.jpg
    581195_228081400631050_1274277237_n.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 387
  • 580715_228079683964555_877687776_n.jpg
    580715_228079683964555_877687776_n.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 365
  • 546350_228080543964469_781830679_n.jpg
    546350_228080543964469_781830679_n.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
Gentlemen!

I'm Dustin and I've been living in the Triad since I was born. I bought a '95 Bronco last year to help my grandfather with things to do around his property, and to get out on some trails and have a good time. So far I've done one trip to Uwharrie with the Fiance', and she seemed to enjoy most of it, and now that I recently found a new job where I'm not traveling all year long (Been doing it since 18, I'm 27) I'm planning on going there more often and hopefully join in on some work days.

I haven't done much more to the bronco other than mounting some 33's, a CB, rebuilt the rear trac-lok with cobra clutches and yukon shafts, custom front bumper (in progress), and a much-needed tune-up on the motor. It runs and shifts great, and I think it'll be a good platform on what I'd like to do with it. Next on the agenda is a 2" lift, rebuild good used T-case and clock it above the frame rails, and some other odds and ends as I go along.

Hope to meet you guys on the trails and become a helpful part of the community. Here's an imgur album.

I have another truck, which is a '97 K2500 with a 454 and 33's. He's my DD.

New here and wanted to introduce myself. I live along the coast. I have a 2014 JKU and a 1989 Comanche Pioneer stock. I have a set of Super Duty axles for the Comanche so if you have any advice that could help me, let me know. Thanks!

New to NC. My apologies for not posting HERE first.

Just moved to NC from CA. Born & raised in AL. Happy to be back in the South. Live in Durham, but travel to Western NC and Eastern TN to visit family. Looking forward to meeting new wheeling folks.

02 TJ Sport. Many mods and a new engine ( got Stroked?). Ready to hits the trails.

IMG_20150904_152605394_HDR.jpg

New to NC. My apologies for not posting HERE first.

Just moved to NC from CA. Born & raised in AL. Happy to be back in the South. Live in Durham, but travel to Western NC and Eastern TN to visit family. Looking forward to meeting new wheeling folks.

02 TJ Sport. Many mods and a new engine ( got Stroked?). Ready to hits the trails.

View attachment 196816
Where in California were you?

Decided to get back into the game. I had an account here but it wouldn't let me log in so I assume it's been deleted...been a few years since I last got on...anyways I picked up another Cherokee a whole back and shave since lifted and locked it. Still a work in progress but hope to be back on the trails soon.

never really posted in this, 98 tj sport, 4.0, 8.8 rear artec truss and ARB air locker. Dana 30 front, chromos, and a spartan locker. Daily Driven.

I'm Dave. My wife and I just relocated back to RDU after being lost in Miami, FL for many years. Most people have more in their drive train than I have in my entire rig, but it goes just the same. Hope to meet some of you along the way...23641_10150143174525647_1984410_n.jpg 23641_10150143186620647_2666301_n.jpg 23641_10150143187210647_8273156_n.jpg

Guess I missed this but anyway I'm jake and I stay down toward Wilmington. I spend a lot of time up at uwharrie, mostly with just a couple of friends but I seem to meet new friends up there once in a while, looking to become more involved in the workdays and doing my part. Haven't yet joined a club but, sure it will come with time. Looking to wheel some other places besides uwharrie, but uwharrie is very convienant.20150911_165201.jpg

I'm Genal and I'm currently in the Eastern NC (Kinston/Goldsboro) area but hoping to move my family into the mountains of western NC within a couple years. I'm new to the 4x4 thing, as I only owned a 4x4 briefly myself and never really got to play with it. Growing up, my dad always had a jeep around from wranglers to wagoneers and I fell in love with the classic Cherokees when I was about 12. Now that I'm all grown up with a family of my own, I will be on the hunt for a Cherokee and will be bombarding you with 10,000 questions since I'm completely new and will be teaching myself how to do all of this. So... I guess I might as well tell you what I hope to have soon.
Looking for a classic cherokee, will be a daily driver but would like the ability to play off road too... can be stock to begin with I don't mind learning how to work on if from the get go. Eventually have a small lift and build other awesome custom stuff that I keep drooling over in all the pictures I run across. But I am trying to find something that is what I call "turn wrench." Least amount of "computery" stuff, I want to be able to pull it into the garage and fix any problem without having to hook it to a computer or take it to a dealership for something. I'm thinking 90 to 94? although some have told me as new as 98? I just didn't know as much about the sensors or ease of part compatibility in the later 90's.. . Any suggestions?

And thanks in advance for all the dumb newbie questions and comments that are bound to be in every post I make for a while...

Hi all,
Just moved from NY to Charlotte 5 days ago. My name is James and I have a jeep problem! Just joined the forum about 15 minutes ago. Just been jeepin 2 years but I'm in it for life! Got tired of my last job, and of course the NY winters and taxes were horrible, so the the wife and I said time to go! Bam, quit my job and moved. Just settling in and the job hunt will begin! Look forward to talking and meeting some folks. Take care,
James

Howdy, new guy here from Fletcher NC. I don't do the hardcore rock bouncing and wheeling that some of y'all do, but i do have an interest in 4x4s. I have a 94 yoga that I'm playing with that I've made my daily driver to keep the miles off my diesel truck. A buddy of mine told me about this site and says i can get a lot of help on here with the things id like to do. That being said I'm in need of a toyota solid front axle for my plans, done been to Barnes 4x4 and looked at the 3link kit i want to do on my truck so if anyone has one laying around for cheap id like to buy it. Heres what I'm playing with. Before and after pics of when i got it home and after i made my own bed for it. I drive this truck alot in the winter months since i do a lot of hunting and trapping its a lot easier to get into the woods than my dodge diesel. Looking forward to making new friends on here

ai1256.photobucket.com_albums_ii489_ibayne_Mobile_20Uploads_20150324_192031_1.jpg

ai1256.photobucket.com_albums_ii489_ibayne_Mobile_20Uploads_20160105_142653.jpg

To date the worst spot I've been in
ai1256.photobucket.com_albums_ii489_ibayne_Mobile_20Uploads_44938.jpeg

Hello from Indiana (for now) we lived in AVL for a year and while we weren't fans of AVL we enjoyed the WNC. We have kids now and are looking to either move back to WNC or Eastern TN. While we were there we had a metallic blue TJ and wheeled a lot of the fire trails down by Bat Cave and Hurricane Creek Road almost to TN. We now have an 86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer and the wife has a 2011 Grand Cherokee

Howdy yall- New member here. My daily ride became a backup ride recently so I am ready to start modding it as needed to get off road and have fun. Its a 1996 Isuzu Trooper, rough inside and out but runs good. I drove it a year with no issues on a daily basis - hopefully it can hold up to off roading.

Two big reasons I got on here: first, to find advice and info about what I need to do to my truck to go where I want to. Second, to find out where I can go and have fun without getting in trouble and get info on how rough the trails are different places, maybe even meet up and ride with other people.

Hi all, my name is Brian and I have been in NC for about 8 years now. After 16 vw's I bought a 2014 wrangler and have loved it. One trip out to Uwharrie last fall and had a great time so looking forward to it again this year. I'm currently all stock so looking for a lift and probably 33-34" tires since I daily drive the jeep.
Looking for best place to get a mild 2" lift installed around Charlotte. I have my eye on the Rancho 2" kit.
Look forward to being part of the forums here.

Hi all, my name is Brian and I have been in NC for about 8 years now. After 16 vw's I bought a 2014 wrangler and have loved it. One trip out to Uwharrie last fall and had a great time so looking forward to it again this year. I'm currently all stock so looking for a lift and probably 33-34" tires since I daily drive the jeep.
Looking for best place to get a mild 2" lift installed around Charlotte. I have my eye on the Rancho 2" kit.
Look forward to being part of the forums here.
Welcome. Tarheel 4WD Center is a great place and they are on this site.

New member from Sanford, NC. Referred by Kevin Carroll. Just traded my 05 LJ on a 15 JKU. Look for LJ accessories soon in the classified section. Thanks for having me.

Last edited:
Hey everyone I'm Preston I have a 2002 Jeep Wrangler X which I've named Lueanne. Lueanne has a four inch lift on 35" BFG's I'm still new to the whole jeep thing. I bought Lueanne a year ago and have wheeled her a few times I've spent more of our time together building her up. I'm a firm believer in "built not bought"

Back