New Facebook Off Road Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

superman27344

If this is not allowed, I apologize and admins feel free to take it down. I just started an off road group on facebook that is for people who wheel vehicles other than jeeps. Its not a group to bash the jeep brand, its just that most off road groups happen to be very jeep-centric and I thought it might be nice to have a group with a bit more variety not just online but on the trails as well. If you wheel something other than a jeep and feel like this kind of group might interest you, come check it out. We are currently working on getting a small group together to ride at Big Creek and will probably do other rides like that in the future as well. The name of the group is Carolina Non-Jeep Wheelers and the link is www.facebook.com/groups/nojeeps4x4

Last edited:
Ha. I see this going south very quickly. as noted above.

I like the idea but I'd strongly suggest putting some real thought into your name and mantra. Even though I'm sure your intentions are good, being open to anyone EXCEPT Jeeps sounds like real assholes.
Even something like "The Jeep Alternative" would be better, at least that sounds like an "option" instead of exclusory.

Ha. I see this going south very quickly. as noted above.

I like the idea but I'd strongly suggest putting some real thought into your name and mantra. Even though I'm sure your intentions are good, being open to anyone EXCEPT Jeeps sounds like real assholes.
Even something like "The Jeep Alternative" would be better, at least that sounds like an "option" instead of exclusory.

It wont go south by my doing, like I said, I am not doing it to bash, but if someone takes offense to the name of the group or the intent that is to be expected being the internet is the land of people taking offense to everything, lol.

Sad thing here is wheeling used to be a community of like minded people. No matter the vehicle you drove. Now it's becoming like the rest of society, different sects of people unable to open their minds. Enjoy your group, but I'll stay with the more open minded wheelers I have more in common with, those that judge me as a person, not by the vehicle I drive.

Enjoy your group, but I'll stay with the more open minded wheelers I have more in common with, those that judge me as a person, not by the vehicle I drive.

I am sorry that you are taking this as though you are being judged for driving a jeep, that is not the intention, but I guess all those groups that are only for jeeps are judging people without them then huh, lol. Again, this is not meant to bash jeeps or their owners, but the sad thing is that no matter how many times I say that, people will still misunderstand my intentions but that is ok.

Never said I drove a jeep, (though my sig line gives it away) I don't participate in all jeep groups either, but that I like conversation about all vehicles, people, experiences, etc.... Not one that shuns people for what whatever reason... That's what's great about this community (nc4x4), unless you're a total jackass that won't listen to to constructive criticism and argue even when you know you are wrong, then you are welcome...... Actually even then most are welcome. (Though I think it's for comic relief)

I am sorry that you are taking this as though you are being judged for driving a jeep, that is not the intention, but I guess all those groups that are only for jeeps are judging people without them then huh, lol. Again, this is not meant to bash jeeps or their owners, but the sad thing is that no matter how many times I say that, people will still misunderstand my intentions but that is ok.

I guess the idea sounded good but don't be disappointed when jeeps show up to your first club ride. Are you going to the them no jeeps allowed? Half of the time I wish I didn't have a jeep but enjoying trail riding is more about the company not the brand of wheels they got.

Thanks to the production of JKs and their aftermarket support the future looks like the only decent platform to start from stock will be the only solid front axle SUV worth taking offroad, a Jeep. It's only a matter of time until it is only Rzrs, JKs, and Tube Buggies on the trail :eek:

I guess the idea sounded good but don't be disappointed when jeeps show up to your first club ride. Are you going to the them no jeeps allowed?

Thank you for the input, but I doubt many jeeps would show up to and event they dont know about, although there are a couple of members in the group who own both non-jeep vehicles and jeep ones so its to be expected. Still I think the point of this group is being misunderstood, perhaps intentionally to a certain degree.

Never said I drove a jeep, (though my sig line gives it away)

Well even if I didnt read the tag line and the link to a facebook photo album showing your jeep project, your comment implied you drove a jeep since you felt you were being judged, or at least mentioned being judged for what you drive. I am actually enjoying reading all the comments to my post. I figured it would be lost in the threads but I am glad its getting traction so that the group gets more views.

Well even if I didnt read the tag line and the link to a facebook photo album showing your jeep project, your comment implied you drove a jeep since you felt you were being judged, or at least mentioned being judged for what you drive. I am actually enjoying reading all the comments to my post. I figured it would be lost in the threads but I am glad its getting traction so that the group gets more views.
You're welcome

After many years of living the white man's world dream, I am finally a victim.
Now to figure out how to get money from the government for this.

Ok, I dont care what other comments are made, this guy right here wins for the funniest one hands down.

Would you allow a Jeepster?

Quoting @Caver Dave , "The redheaded bastard child of the family"

Reactions: Ron
So, my buggy is not a Jeep but the grill makes it look like a Jeep and it has a modified Jeep hood. Would I be allowed to join?

Can colored folks join dis club? 'Dre has an H1 wif 26" spinner beadlook wims and drive by gun ports.
I wanna be a cool kid too.

Can colored folks join dis club? 'Dre has an H1 wif 26" spinner beadlook wims and drive by gun ports.
I wanna be a cool kid too.
The H1 grill may cause you to be discriminated against due to the 7 slots and round headlights.

Colored's will be tolerated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back