New DD family hauler tow pig - 95 Suburban - The Spook

So another update here. I have a new parts truck coming in today. It's an 8.1L Suburban. So yeah, my Burb is getting an 8.1L NV4500 combo. This thing should be just fine towing anything.

So here's the steaming turd pile engine donor. 330k miles but the engine runs strong as hell. Trans is shot and body is rusted to hell, but engine runs great!

2018-04-04 13.45.02.jpg

Most of the 8.1s I've seen have a 300k+ on them
Still running strong

Long overdue update on the Burb. It is torn down completely and I've started putting it back together.

I've painted most of the door jambs, I had to order more paint and it'll be here tomorrow. I'm about to tear down the motor to start rebuilding it as well. Hopefully it'll start coming together nicely now.

I look forward to seeing your progress!!! Have always loved this generation GM body style, then an 8.1L and NV4500?!?!?! AWESOME!!!!!!!
Yep, it should be a beast! I have the motor torn down and about to take it to the machine shop soon.

I got the last few bits I needed to put the interior back together as well. Saturday my son and I are going to start putting it together.

Got a lot of the interior put back together. cargo area carpet installed along with door panels and rear plastics. Headliner and roof console and all are in. I'm going to start putting the new carpet in the front soon. All the parts are ordered for the motor rebuild too, might be ready to go next week.

Back