New Crossmember

JoeyValkyrie

OK for those that saw the damage in my recent post, the TJ will be parked later this week for a while till I can save up enough to have the repairs done. I probably don't want to go with a stock crossmember/Transfer case skid plate and there are a ton of aftermarket ones out there. Any suggestions on which replacement to get? I saw one where the xfer case is mounted separately from the skid plate...

Not being a smartazz, just wondering...

Can't you just "puck" it down a bit (still same or better clearance than stock) until your ready to invest in a BL/MM/other mods?

I'm not a big fan of body/motor mounts at all...and would rather avoid them. I fear they weaken the structural integrity of the vehicle...I may be wrong though...plus I don't like the space between the body and frame.

I think there's more damage than I previously thought. I'm getting vibrations in the steering wheel that weren't there before..and while they're not THAT bad, it still concerns me. Gonna call around to the local salvage yards to see if they have any parts :)

With any of the flat belly pans they are goign to recommend a 1" BL and MM lift.

Anythign over 1" is not recommended but 1" will not hurt you at all. Otherwise, you need to look at spacing the gofer-it down or have sheldon build it with a 2" drop in it instead of a 1.25"

Also remember you will need an SYE, UCAs and CV driveshaft if you have any lift and you try to go flat belly.....not absolute but it is pretty typical to need those things as well.

Andy

Sheldon used to sell 1" drop pucks for the goferit skid, for those that don't have the body lift or MM lift. Then you can add those later. My .02? Get Goferits MM lift, a Daystar body lift, and Goferit's skid. I've been running those for three years. No issues yet. www.goferitoffroad.com

The daystar kit actually replaces your body mount pucks, instead of just adding to them, very well built mounts.

Back