New Chevrolet Colorado?

2010nctaco

So I saw one the other day and was wondering what the masses thought about them. I'm not a Chevy guy but it looked pretty good just driving by and the diesel option seems pretty cool. Maybe if enough people buy them Toyota will bring a Tacoma diesel (I would get one) to the states. For now I'll have to get by with my $900 4runner I guess.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418073125752.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418073125752.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 216
Are they as big as they look on the commercials? They look almost as big as a 1500. Haven't seen one in person yet.

I saw one just like that red one in Greensboro. My first thought was wow look at that bright new restyled Z71, I thought it was a 1500 as it pulled in. It looked a tad small for a full size though, but certainly way bigger than a compact or midsize. It wasn't til I got behind it and saw the Colorado badge that I realized what I was looking at. Definetly a far cry from a Baja S10.

why can't any of the manufactures actual build a small pick up anymore..............everybody needs a small, beginner, economy minded, downsized, grocery getter, round town truck. All of the used stuff is getting old and tired. "I don't always tow a bizzillion pounds, but when I do: I got a BIG ASS truck already for that."

why can't any of the manufactures actual build a small pick up anymore..............everybody needs a small, beginner, economy minded, downsized, grocery getter, round town truck. All of the used stuff is getting old and tired. "I don't always tow a bizzillion pounds, but when I do: I got a BIG ASS truck already for that."
But why do you need a small truck? Look at it like this a small ford ranger s10 or dodge Dakota didn't getany better fuel mileage than their 1500 brother. Might as well get 15mpg in a big truck instead of 15 mpg in a cramped small truck.

I actually like a smaller truck. I don't feel the need to compensate For other shortcomings by having a big truck lol. I can't believe they are almost $40,000 though. All people aren't going to tow anything more than a utility trailer or a small car or boat. With the diesel option I would think it would be more than enough truck for the few times a year I would tow anything. My 2010 Tacoma towed everything I ever asked it to (not much, a vw jetta a couple times and a couple lawn mowers.).

CAFE standards.
Research them. Understand them.
A different model, brings down the average.

There is a rumor about am F-150 "lite" that is the same "model" as an F-150 but looks like a ranger...we will see.

But why do you need a small truck? Look at it like this a small ford ranger s10 or dodge Dakota didn't getany better fuel mileage than their 1500 brother. Might as well get 15mpg in a big truck instead of 15 mpg in a cramped small truck.

I've owned several 2wd S-10 and Colorado trucks. Worst mileage I've seen was 23 mpg on the 4.3L S-10. My current truck is between 25-28 mpg depending on the driving. I'll take that any day over my 12 mpg ford PSD.

I think the older Colorados didn't look great but the new ones, like the GM full size trucks, are hideous. Digging the diesel option though. No idea if it is a good motor or not but it is about time!

:lol:
I've owned several 2wd S-10 and Colorado trucks. Worst mileage I've seen was 23 mpg on the 4.3L S-10. My current truck is between 25-28 mpg depending on the driving. I'll take that any day over my 12 mpg ford PSD.

I think the older Colorados didn't look great but the new ones, like the GM full size trucks, are hideous. Digging the diesel option though. No idea if it is a good motor or not but it is about time!

Sorry I don't buy 2wd trucks unless I'm making a hot rod so all my experience with smaller trucks has been 4wd and a 4.3 s10 will not get over 18 and thats babying it. Sorry about your fuel hungry psd I dont have that problem since I drive a Cummins. :flipoff2::lol:

I looked at them at the dealer when I had my 1500 in for routine maintenance. I'm sorry but they are simply overpriced for what you get. While sure, you can knock on 50k for a 1500, why would you? Mine is in the low 30's for sticker and will do a lot more work that one of those little Colorados will.

I remember when a compact truck could hold two people just fine, carry over 1000# in the bed, and get over 25mpg. I had one, a 1980 D-50. It met my needs at the time. In fact it had almost as much bed space as my new Chevy. My 2001 Frontier, when I purchased it new, could eek out 24mpg on the highway with the V6 but averaged around 22mpg. It was less than $19k. I am appaulled that a truck with the same basic size and capability is double the price now.

Got my 98 S-10 in 2001, 4.3 has been beat to death and now near 200k. It got 22+mpg for years while putting my foot in it all the time and running 75 on I-40 for 50 miles a day for 3 yrs. It is getting tired now and only getting 19/20 w the damn ethanol fuel, but I would buy another one if I could find one w low miles. I saw a 12/13? 4wd Colorado w a 3-4" lift/tires recently and it looked pretty good and much more capable off road than a stock one

Other arguments aside, your comparing old small truck technology. New tech, smaller displacement, higher economy. And believe me I'm talking base, no need for heated fannies,highdef lcd widgets, and enough stereo for the lane beside me. Guess im turning into a early near forty old timer.

I had a 2wd regular cab old body style Colorado. It was a POS. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Had the 2.4L 4-cyl and got 21mpg unloaded. It was a rattle trap. You couldn't hardly hear the radio at highway speed. I kept it for about a year before I traded it in.

^^^^ I had the same thing had to have top end of motor worked on 2 times under warranty the day it was out of warranty I traded it for a tacoma never had one complaint out of my taco with 80000 hard miles

My wife had a Canyon when we met. It was an extended cab "off-road" edition with the 5 cyl engine and standard trans. When we moved to the mountains we found out how weak that engine really was. It served her well cruising the interstates back and forth to college but never got out of 3rd on the mountain roads. I hauled a load of mulch with it once and was worried it wasn't going to make it..... guess that extra cylinder didnt help any...

I also bought a brand new S-10 back in '98. It was the 4.3 with an extended cab. I loved that lil truck.... but I sold it for a Jeep....

your welcome.

Oh yeah... Very NSFW

Saw a Canyon today....freaking huge ass truck. Wtf? I've said it for a loooong time. GM really needs to let me design vehicles for them! It IS possible to look good, perform very well, get good to decent mileage, and be affordable. Oh, and you can do all of those things with a solid axle and manual transmission! :flipoff2:

CAFE standards.
Research them. Understand them.
A different model, brings down the average.

There is a rumor about am F-150 "lite" that is the same "model" as an F-150 but looks like a ranger...we will see.
I be confused.

Are the Colorados part of the Silverado model?

Back