Need help with wj ac

Bhudgins

I have a weird issue with the ac system in my wife's wj the previous owner put a new motor In the jeep and in the process cut the ac lines i know stupid so me being the best husband ever i thought i would fix it so i replaced every line and vacuumed the system down held vacuum for 2 hours so i went to charge the system and couldn't get the compressor to kick on so i jumped the low pressure switch still no compressor so i replaced it and repeated the process started charging it still no compressor jumped the low pressure switch again with no compressor engagement so I jumped the high pressure switch and the compressor kicked on so I filled the system until I had the appropriate pressure's the ac works great but the problem is that I have to jump the high pressure switch witch is new to get it to come on and if I leave it jumped then the compressor will not cycle on and off as it should It just runs constantly the hvac switch in the cab works as it should sorry for the long winded post but I am lost on where to go next

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Have you replaced the high pressure switch?

What year and engine?

The wires at the low pressure switch are notorious for breaking inside the insulation due to the abrupt bend where the enter the connector. I would probe the wires behind the actual connector and see what you find. I replaced a few dozen of them over the years for that reason.
I wouldn't suspect it being a component issue assuming it was functional prior to the engien swap. Likely a harness or connector got comprimised a bit

Will do thanks for the info I will report back with the findings

Last edited:
Ok I have checked for broken wires with no luck. I have no continuity on the low pressure switch plug I ran a jumper straight off the PCM to the low pressure switch which provides it with voltage but it still does not engage the compressor unless it's jumpered 2 ground is it a possibility that the pcm is jacked

Back