Need help installing an oven

catfishblues

I picked up an in-wall GE Profile oven. Model # JRP20BJBB.
Here's a link to the oven.
Here's the issue. What is the conduit off the back for?
Here's a link to the quick specs.

If anybody has installed one like this, please help me! I'm assuming it's for fume extraction when you're running the self-clean cycle or possibly just to pipe heat away if it's in a really tight installation. I don't know, though, as I recieved neither the installation manual nor the conduit when I got the oven. Thanks guys!

I'm guessing the conduit is to protect the electrical wiring from the stove to recepticle/j-box... doubtful they'd use it to chimney heat out and draw it pointing down! :D

I'm guessing the conduit is to protect the electrical wiring from the stove to recepticle/j-box... doubtful they'd use it to chimney heat out and draw it pointing down! :D

Yeah, I've kinda come to that conclusion too. Actually, I thought the conduit in the picture was for something else alltogether. On the back of the oven, the control panel housing specifically, there is a hole that looks like a fan cut-out. I was afraid that conduit attached to it to draw heat or fumes away. It looks much bigger than the electrical flex romex in that drawing. I'm really not that incompetent, I just got a little confused. :beer: Thanks! :D

Wall type ovens have to be hard wired, no plugs like on a free standing unit. There should be some 1" flex conduit coming off the back with 3 (or 4) separate wires. The flex should connect securely to a junction box mounted in the cabnet. Then the wires will be connected to like colored wires with blue wire nuts.

Back