Need a winch bumper for a JKU.

78broncoboy

Just picked up a 2012 JKU for a daily and weekend wheeler. I remember there were a few folks who had fab shops that made bumpers. Looking for a full width with shackle tabs, Maybe a stinger, and takes a warn pattern winch.

Pic for attention lol.

Attachments

• 20230924_112604.jpg
    20230924_112604.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 40
I have been very impressed with @marty79 bumpers that I have seen him build. Also, you mentioned Warn pattern, All the winches that I have seen use the same mounting pattern, Some winches(The bigger ones) and Warn is the only ones I have experience with, mount on the front, where your fairlead is mounted, and all of those are the same as well. A lot of the production bumpers are made more for looks, and made from a lot thinner stuff. I do know that @marty79 have built a lot of nicer ones with 3/16 and 1/4" stuff.

I have been very impressed with @marty79 bumpers that I have seen him build. Also, you mentioned Warn pattern, All the winches that I have seen use the same mounting pattern, Some winches(The bigger ones) and Warn is the only ones I have experience with, mount on the front, where your fairlead is mounted, and all of those are the same as well. A lot of the production bumpers are made more for looks, and made from a lot thinner stuff. I do know that @marty79 have built a lot of nicer ones with 3/16 and 1/4" stuff.
Like @upnover said. Reach out @marty79 and see what he can do. A lot of shops just aren’t doing bumpers due to man power/time and material cost because places like shitty-bilt are mass producing overseas and a price point the locals just can’t keep up with and as a whole, people are cheap…. YMMV.

Just picked up a 2012 JKU for a daily and weekend wheeler. I remember there were a few folks who had fab shops that made bumpers. Looking for a full width with shackle tabs, Maybe a stinger, and takes a warn pattern winch.
I can build you one, I've built a lot of beefy plate bumpers for people. I can't promise that I can compete with some of these 'production" companies like someone else mentioned but you'll get a quality bumper that you like, fits your personal needs and will handle whatever abuse you throw at it. 828-284-1302 direct contact.
You can look me up on Facebook as John Fuller...my avatar pic has 5Jeeps in my driveway (that's how you know it's me) and you're welcome to look back through for all the other bumpers I've made and such. Thanks, have a blessed day!

a price point the locals just can’t keep up with and as a whole, people are cheap
you got that right. I don't hardly advertise my plate bumpers cause everyone wants one until I tell them the price, which even then comparatively are still 5-600 cheaper than competitors but like you said people want cheap. I only build bumpers now for word of mouth customers who already know they'll pay more but get quality built bumper and they like supporting small businesses.

Yea I'm looking at like Warn or Poison Spyder pricing. Those Chinese ones on Amazon look neat but they are made with like 16 gadgets metal lol. Thanks for the input.

I have one of these off my jeep. $450. Comes with the fairlead and light mount.

I have one of these off my jeep. $450. Comes with the fairlead and light mount.

Thanks but I literally just picked up a poison spyder brawler full width.

Back