Need a flatbed recommendation

skyhighZJ

Thanks for your taxes
Looking to put a flatbed on my 2011 ram 3500 megacab. Anybody have a recommendation for a place here in NC that has good sales staff/customer service and prices. Prefer something skirted with boxes.

Looking to put a flatbed on my 2011 ram 3500 megacab. Anybody have a recommendation for a place here in NC that has good sales staff/customer service and prices. Prefer something skirted with boxes.
I had a cm on my 06 mega cab dually. It worked well. I just pulled the bed off my 07 mega dually this week and I'm goingto be building a bed for it.

I'd look at Mid State Trailers, just outside of Asheboro. Buddy of mine has one and seems to like it, @77GreenMachine I can't remember Curt's SN if you wanna tag him.

HOME

This guy built our new work truck bed a little over a year ago. Nice guy to deal with and open to build whatever you want. His finished products looks very nice and his beds are built heavy duty. His shop is right down the street from my house so I stopped by several times while he was building it and was impressed by his craftsmanship. I can get some more pics if you want but this is all I have on my phone.

0809181014_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 0809181014_HDR.jpg
    0809181014_HDR.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 190
I'd look at Mid State Trailers, just outside of Asheboro. Buddy of mine has one and seems to like it, @77GreenMachine I can't remember Curt's SN if you wanna tag him.
I think you mean midstate truck bodies. I stopped by there Thursday, pretty nice/ok but not what I was wanting.

Mid state truck beds is who I used. They are located off 49 in Denton. He used to be part of mid state trailer but from my understanding he is doing his own thing now. His name is cam. I’m very happy with my bed especially for the price. I did have have to do my own wiring and the paint was not the greatest but neither was a big deal breaker.

Mid state truck beds is who I used. They are located off 49 in Denton. He used to be part of mid state trailer but from my understanding he is doing his own thing now. His name is cam. I’m very happy with my bed especially for the price. I did have have to do my own wiring and the paint was not the greatest but neither was a big deal breaker.

As long as the undercarriage is painted well the deck is more than likely gonna get lined. Wiring isn’t a big deal I can tackle that for the right price on the bed itself.

HOME

This guy built our new work truck bed a little over a year ago. Nice guy to deal with and open to build whatever you want. His finished products looks very nice and his beds are built heavy duty. His shop is right down the street from my house so I stopped by several times while he was building it and was impressed by his craftsmanship. I can get some more pics if you want but this is all I have on my phone.

View attachment 306128
Sent them an email with a rough idea of what I want. Will see. BTW that 5500 looks like it’s a mile long!

Sent them an email with a rough idea of what I want. Will see. BTW that 5500 looks like it’s a mile long!
It is the longest cc frame they offer but it still out maneuvers the 08 f250 it replaced.

Got a Blue Ridge Manufacturing "Montana" model with a few custom ordered items and it's powder coated red to match my truck, (required extra time to get).
Great design, construction and welding.
Can hook you up with my dealer, if desired.

Looked at the CM at the local dealership and they are talking $5500 plus for the bed and install! Talked to mid state and they are about )3500 out the door. I think that’s my way I’m going.

Our flatbed was around 7k I think. Powder coating, wiring, and everything.

Another vote for Midstate. Good ol boys making some nice beds at a fair price.

The J&I flatbed on my F-350 C&C had over 1/2 million miles on it in 12 years (before landing with me) behind multiple trucks.
Aside from the finish (which needs a good wire-brushing and respray), the rest is holding up dang well.
My only gripe is the fawking filler neck is horizontal/90* out the side and *ALWAYS* burps back.

My next flatbed will be skirted and hydraulic dump (fawk shoveling 1-2 tons of anything!)

Back