NC4X4 Hunting and Fishing

1afc37b044e6848efdcec76c302413a6.jpg

Almost had a 2 man limit by 830.... well I got my limit and my buddy got 5 lol. Avery did his job and found ever bird we shot and several others shot and couldn’t find. Field had about 6” tall wheat in it already so birds were hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6" wheat is easier than beans!

Sunrise sat. @ the dove field was awesome and the anvil from the blown out storm hid the sun till about 9.

dove1.jpg

dove2.jpg

the birds were coming from all directions, singles and pairs, about quit as the cloud moved away and the sun brought the heat. They came back about 4pm.
smoking a few marinded 24hrs tonight...
dove3.jpg

dove4.jpg

Last edited:
20180907_194434.jpg

Schooling white bass on fishing creek. Didnt take pics of any of my fish but snapped this pic for those guys

2a5abbd9617e0ff0a1b2d0a38584afd5.jpg

Got my first drum a month or so ago. I haven’t tried since a summer 20 years ago with my dad. My GFs brother is pretty good at this whole fishing thing. He’s blind it one eye so I get drunk and give him shit. Was so scared of smelling like cigs, he’s 21 by the way, in front of his dad. I talked him into rubbing a finger mullet on him to hide the smell.

d85dd85f90fe908355aa5528a764b227.jpg

But the 10 year age gap really makes stuff awkward sometimes.

Last edited:
So I have become a bear shooter, not killer evidently, so the area I hunt in WNC is loaded with bears, borders a bear sanctuary, deer have moved away from the area and won’t return until the bears go away, really pisses me off and I am done with these bastards

Anyway 2 weeks ago this one particular bear walk in on me while I was checking my camera, yeah my camera it’s the third camera in that area, they have destroyed 2 this year, anyway turn around and he is like 25 yards from me clacking his jaws trying to run me out of his corn pile, I unloaded my .380, all I had on me, I know at least one bullet hit him as he limped away, bear seasons opens and I decide ok time for him to go, I practice a lot with my bow and wanted to take him with it to keep the noise down, sure enough right on cue he comes in 40yds away. I make what I thought was a good shot a little high but good, straight pass through my arrrows sticking in the dirt, I track him on a blood trail for at least 1.5 miles, never found him, crossed into the sanctuary and I stopped. My thoughts ok he is dead somewhere, well 3 days later he shows back up on camera, WTF!!!

Last Tuesday morning I had a few hours to kill so I went and climbed back up in the stand, 7:30 he shows up looking rough, limping and some hair missing where I shot him, yeah the shot was a little high and he lived, anyway I couldn’t believe it, he steps back into the same exact place quartering up hill a little and I send an arrow through his front shoulder, sounds like a car crash when it hits him, no arrow as I start tracking him, blood everywhere, once again I track him for at least a mile, this time blood stops, the fucker has got to be dead right

Yesterday I go to the camera, pull the card, and guess who is back, so it goes in on the other side and evidently just wrecks his other side

RANT OVER!!! BULLETT TO THE HEAD NEXT TIME

Good lord that thing looks ruff and is a tough sob at this point I’d be out everyday trying to put him out of his misery.
I’d possibly even contact wildlife and see if they would use a rifle to take him even if season goes out he’s not making it threw winter like that.

E65499E2-4FE5-4C28-9A4A-7FD5FA57989C.jpeg

Another funny story, I sent a bear eaten cuddy back camera to them to see if it could be repaired, they said no but sent me a brand new camera, cool, so Saturday afternoon I get an email stating, hey just wanted to check on the new camera and let you know we were able to retrieve a few pictures, well this is one they sent me, bear laying down on the right is believed to be over 600lbs possibly, end of the email says that is a giant bear mind if we share the picture

Good lord that thing looks ruff and is a tough sob at this point I’d be out everyday trying to put him out of his misery.
I’d possibly even contact wildlife and see if they would use a rifle to take him even if season goes out he’s not making it threw winter like that.

I hope he goes back on the sanctuary and dies, never found the arrow, but the new rage 4 blade does some damage

I hope he goes back on the sanctuary and dies, never found the arrow, but the new rage 4 blade does some damage

Gotta be dead nuts on with an arrow or bolt with a bear. They’re some resilient fuckers. The guys that lease about 700 acres from my in laws take one every couple of years. Every lost one has been shot with a bow. Very similar stories to yours.

Gotta be dead nuts on with an arrow or bolt with a bear. They’re some resilient fuckers. The guys that lease about 700 acres from my in laws take one every couple of years. Every lost one has been shot with a bow. Very similar stories to yours.

Yeah I have killed several with a bow, never had this problem, I felt like the first shot I made on him was a double lung shot, the fat will seal up a hole in a heartbeat

Got my first deer with a muzzle loader over the weekend...130lbs @ 135 yards & only made it 20 yards before collapsing.

1937.jpeg

Back