NC4X4 Hunting and Fishing

Harvesting 3 does in 4 days means a lot of processing but puts lots of venison in the freezer. Over the weekend there were at least 150 bacon deer burgers, 75 cubed steaks & 15# of plain ground venison added to the family freezers. Plus I cooked 10 bacon deer burgers as a thank you Saturday night & then 2 stuffed/bacon wrapped tenderloin tonight.

41A7D73A-33E3-45B2-8B80-3884812A64F3.jpeg
D808938E-EB28-4750-A3DC-E4BCB93FE897.jpeg

Wound up taking a doe after a 3.5hr sit this morning and 99% sure I got my first pic of a black coyote.

View attachment 308049 View attachment 308050
Wound up taking a doe after a 3.5hr sit this morning and 99% sure I got my first pic of a black coyote.

20 some yrs ago I saw a black one chasing deer while I was hunting. I could have shot it but I thought it might be someones dog.I should have known better, I was more than 2 miles from any houses.

Last edited:
looking at this post again I remembered when I was a kid and my neighbors had a long haired, jet black dog similar to the coyote in your pic and the one I saw so many years ago.............. they named him Midnight and he was a cool dog.

Well that’s creepy!!! I’ll be sure to have a sidearm on me when I bow hunt that spot!
Maybe some silver bullets as well.

Check out this deer trail I found today, beat down in the ground. There used to be a fence here but most of it is gone now.
20191215_171739.jpg

You can see the big hole in the brush in the background. I followed the trail bout 200 yrds and there were big holes at every place it got thick and briared up that look liked a key hole.I saw old and new rubs and scrapes everywhere. The 3 hardwood saplings in the background were battered and broke branches.
This cherry tree was destroyed and many more, all within 10 yrds of the path...
20191215_190232.jpg

Last edited:
Well my deer season is over. Heading home only seeing one deer this weekend. On the plus side I picked up a 2015 prime bow ready to hunt for a steal at a hunting and fishing yardsale/ swap meet. Goal next year is to tag out on public before the rut hits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting up to drift a hole fishing for strippers. Noticed something by the bank, buddy grabbed his gaffe and got it by the gill. We later got it revived holding it beside the boat and it swam off. It was floating belly up when we found it. About took my buddy for a ride because it was very green coming into he boat. It was hilarious

de1b0c09f88f949791f47fbf4d7602ef.jpg

b67347a9d726f0e926866ec4d67fb10a.jpg

Last week on the cam/stand where jr. killed that big buck a few years ago....
IMG_0015.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg

I'd like to see the buck thats been kickin his azz, or maybe HE'S the one kickin all the bucks azzez round here!

I just noticed it looks like his right hock and inside leg got ripped open in the second pic !

Last edited:
Last week on the cam/stand where jr. killed that big buck a few years ago....
View attachment 308384 View attachment 308385

I'd like to see the buck thats been kickin his azz, or maybe HE'S the one kickin all the bucks azzez round here!

I just noticed it looks like his right hock and inside leg got ripped open in the second pic !

Id say that’s still a pretty young buck 2.5 / 3.5 old

Id say that’s still a pretty young buck 2.5 / 3.5 old

I think he's 3.5 and has not eaten much since september.Like lots of male mammals, testosterone and our peckers can get us killed!
If I killed that buck in his condition I'd have the taxidermist mount him with all the wounds and scars/blood covered hair etc. preserved just as they are on the deer in the pic.

Not many deer live that long around these parts. Between dog hunting and permits for crop nuisance if you see a deer that makes 3 that’s a old deer

I am facing this incredibly unfortunate reality where we just bought some land. I was clueless as to how much poaching and over hunting I’m seeing in our area (Cleveland County). Will take many years to build up a herd. Lots of does though lol.

Really bad year for us only shot 3.
a3f239d9de47407846144f3ae8dcbac8.jpg

Between the CWD and these little buggers the herd is a little thin.
b5d469a8456705bf23cd89b790f69ad3.jpg

Pretty crazy we have been hunting the same land over 50 years and this first one we have seen.

Really bad year for us only shot 3.
a3f239d9de47407846144f3ae8dcbac8.jpg

Between the CWD and these little buggers the herd is a little thin.
b5d469a8456705bf23cd89b790f69ad3.jpg

Pretty crazy we have been hunting the same land over 50 years and this first one we have seen.

Damn feel lucky. We can’t let a deer over night or they get into it.

Somebody dumped a load of dead chickens on my hunting club property. Maybe baiting coyotes. But not their property to do it on so it kinda pisses me off.
fb0871c5674b1d1a085519a9af8773dc.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Back