NC4X4 Hunting and Fishing

The landscaper forgot to put a hat on the camera when he mowed the dead leaves that fell w the heat wave a 2/3 weeks ago. This camera has a fast flash....

20190812_193350.jpg

unfortunately the batteries in the cam shit the bed, I think a hell storm a few weeks or so ago flooded it.

Latest pull from the game cameras behind my house. Unfortunately, the bucks aren't too big...
HUNT0131.JPG HUNT0798.JPG HUNT0549.JPG HUNT0288.JPG HUNT0263.JPG HUNT0086.JPG HUNT0116.JPG

I call this one 'Tink Tink', just so I can say poor little Tink Tink!
HUNT0473.JPG HUNT0148.JPG HUNT0095.JPG

Random dog:
HUNT0699.JPG

Not a bad morning. I've had a lot worse hunts.
b3385d6e25c5bc4e3fc8405ab07a2a3f.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

At least y’all saw birds. Buddy works for commission and said fields were full of birds, we killed 4 and that was better than everyone at the field we were at and the guys at the other fields didn’t have any better luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What broadhead do use?
Lots, but that was a muzzy trocar. Went to a fixed blade for that stand due to how thick it was with tall vegetation, gave me a little piece of mind. I didn’t see a drop of blood between where the arrow was stuck in the base of a tree and where he was laying. I don’t like that but it was about a perfect shot and he was down quick so I’m not gonna complain. Most of the time I use an expandable of one brand or another.

Lots, but that was a muzzy trocar. Went to a fixed blade for that stand due to how thick it was with tall vegetation, gave me a little piece of mind. I didn’t see a drop of blood between where the arrow was stuck in the base of a tree and where he was laying. I don’t like that but it was about a perfect shot and he was down quick so I’m not gonna complain. Most of the time I use an expandable of one brand or another.

I guessed that was the bh. I've been shooting muzzies for decades first the 3 blade 125.then the 100 3 and last 6 were killed w the 4 blade 100. I watched all but 1 go down from the stand and i've stuck 5 over the years that did not know they were mortally wounded w the muzzies. I've also never not had a pass through w the muzzies. Thats a nice buck!

Last edited:

I shot a big doe @ 20 yrds that just stood and shook her hide w the hit,then looked around alert. Then shook her tail, took a few steps and started picking up acorns again before she wobbled around fell over. Another jumped twice, stopped and looked around, then bent her neck to lick the blood pouring out of her side before she stumbled and fell.All of the others either just shook or jumped a few times before slowly walking away until I saw them drop.

Best ones are when they drop immediately or within view of your stand! I can never shake the little voice in my head asking 'are you sure you didn't flinch & miss?'

Best ones are when they drop immediately or within view of your stand! I can never shake the little voice in my head asking 'are you sure you didn't flinch & miss?'

You know it's good hit from the sound it makes,or doesn't make. I prefer to shoot whitetails @ less than 30 yrds and +/- 20 yrds is perfect to me. I was stunned when that old doe started feeding again when I knew I just put one through her heart, I saw the hit and the arrow in the ground when she steped away. I believe the sharp, small dia. 4 blade BHs just zip through them so fast there is little shock or pain or panic, like when i've cut myself w a sharp knife or razor blade. I feel the sting but the pain comes after I press the skin to stop the bleeding. I've also seen the X the compact fixed 4 blades make punching through one or both ribs w the pass through.I refuse to use mechanicals, heard too many sad stories from friends and others ever since they were invented.

A lot of people hate on mechanical broad heads, but I've killed a lot of deer with the rage 2 blade or th NAP version that similar but doesn't use o-rings. I've watched most of them fall with in sight. Lung shot a doe once and half her lung was hanging out of the exit wound. IMO 2 blade mechanical is better than 2, less moving parts. But I've also killed deer with muzzys and thunder heads. Shot placement is key of course with anything.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

You know it's good hit from the sound it makes,or doesn't make.

Valid point...except I can't hear anything over my heart beating in my ears!

Valid point...except I can't hear anything over my heart beating in my ears!

Try taking deep breaths when u see the deer and concentrate on being calm also dont stare @them,especially a nice buck.Just glance @ them now and then until you have a shot. I swear it works and helps to make a better shot.

Try taking deep breaths when u see the deer and concentrate on being calm also dont stare @them,especially a nice buck.Just glance @ them now and then until you have a shot. I swear it works and helps to make a better shot.

I was mostly joking...I've got no problem calming myself down before taking a shot (it did take some work though), but once I squeeze the trigger I get the same rush I did when I dropped my first doe and get tunnel vision of sorts.

9b54b3447448e2521c84e247d38da990.jpg

Went speckle trout fishin with a buddy yesterday. We only spent 4 hours on the water. Made some banging fish tacos last night. Still got more fillets. 9 total only 7 keepers. First time I’ve caught one in probably 20 years.

Opening day (Sept. 1st) paid off again at the farm in SC. Got real windy and the hurricane rain bands were getting close but never made it thankfully. Didn’t think I was going to see much as the wind was gusting pretty good but saw quite a few and this joker walked out about 120yds and just kept standing broadside and would not leave so I figure he wanted to be made into summer sausage. First one for the freezer. :)
AEC74533-5349-4B77-B869-52438206B0F6.jpeg
131EB974-7BE5-480D-B0E6-FD326D49155B.jpeg

b5fd2616e6d393e060166494346758a1.jpg

You may not see them, but there are 6 does bedded down in the picture all within 50 yards.

Waiting for the big 10 that’s been hanging around the area to show up this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back