NC4X4 Hunting and Fishing

Good eating right here.
7f4d8942add315bbcbf9fc7c6083798b.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jr. came back w his brother today..........
20190706_185646.jpg

20190707_001750.jpg
this pic is from the S10 about 40 yrds and resized.

I had pulled the chip and had a few hundred new pics, but only one of the buck. Went out to put the chip back and both of them were infront of the camera...............for over 2 hours w no chip in the cam o_O I was smoking some ribs and they tolerated me moving around on the deck and taking thier pics.

Last edited:
Was talking to someone in the office & realized there is less than 2 months before the 2019 deer season...good luck to all my fellow hunters!

This will be the first year I've owned property outside of the city limits & can hunt on my own land which I'm excited about. Also had 5 deer in my backyard at 12:30pm on 7/5 when it was 86* outside...2 does, 2 fawns & a 6 point in velvet.

Finally brought home my larger freezers kept in Charlotte since my mom and grandma’s places are on the market now. Father in law is butchering two older heifers this year for the family. Between that, deer season and a trip out west this year for Elk and Antelope, with any luck these plus our 5cu will be full.
154EDB73-10BA-456D-8A3C-BC8B9AB921C6.jpeg

Finally brought home my larger freezers kept in Charlotte since my mom and grandma’s places are on the market now. Father in law is butchering two older heifers this year for the family. Between that, deer season and a trip out west this year for Elk and Antelope, with any luck these plus our 5cu will be full.
View attachment 298217

If you've filled up all that, I can 'store' some for you!

The deer are cuckoo for cantalope..........
20190712_190050.jpg

20190712_190331.jpg

I tossed a few over ripe peaches @ a single doe the other day. The first one hit the ground about 15 yrds from her and scared her. She started to walk away and I threw another harder. It hit the ground near her and bounced and hit her in the ham!. She jumped and then spun around and went right to the peach. The next day, @ the same time she was back. I grabbed a gallon bag of cut up cantalope and went out and tossed it to her.She went right to every piece I threw and I tossed every other piece closer to the deck until she was 25' from the deck and me.........tonight there were 4 does.

Last edited:
I'm thinking soon they will be eating out of my hand. I've "herd" that peeps have set a scrarecrow in a lawn chair, w it's hand on the armrest holding a plate of corn, apples etc. Once the deer accept to eat from the dummy you remove the dummy and sit in the chair and they will eat out of your hand.

I'm thinking soon they will be eating out of my hand. I've "herd" that peeps have set a scrarecrow in a lawn chair, w it's hand on the armrest holding a plate of corn, apples etc. Once the deer accept to eat from the dummy you remove the dummy and sit in the chair and they will eat out of your hand.
Sounds like a good way to get one with a bowie knife....

Those encounters you should cherish.

I think it was 2013 when a snow storm turned into ice.The power went out and the roads were shit. 2 mornings in a row there were 25 or 30 deer bedded inside our 5' fenced backyard. I had to walk out and scare them out of the yard before letting my old dogs go out to relieve themselves. I didn't want them to chase the deer on the ice and break a hip etc. I'm sure the deer were there because the coyotes could chase them all night, running silently on top of the ice, while the deer crunched the ice as they ran.Both nights were full moon and I easily saw some deer walking near the creek, against the white background about midnight. I imagine the coyotes caught more than a few before the ice melted. Ever since the deer love to bed in our back yard in the day and night and roam our and a few neighbors yards in the daytime. Only seen 2 shooter bucks in 14 yrs. I almost arrowed one 2 years ago but he took off after a doe in heat, seconds before I had a clear shot. I never saw that buck before or after the day he showed up and I doubt he's still alive.There are more than a few peeps around here who will shoot them w a gun in their backyards.

Finally got a chance to hang a new stand in a spot I’ve been eying for a while. Initial camera check showed I had a decent hunch. First time setting a stand with a skid steer. Makes it easy when working solo. But that initial climb to the top to get it ratcheted into place never stops being any less sketchy.

A5EE37C8-C77C-4E24-8DAB-BD3A741D95EF.jpeg
4A825975-D772-41DB-8725-635DE5291DBB.jpeg
BC10F007-07E0-4B6F-8615-6A5FEF5C53FF.jpeg
29620198-EBB7-4227-B050-88F0258B4735.jpeg
83D46C18-9B71-4E02-A0C8-B6AF82C4A10B.jpeg

Talking with my buddy that I hunt with. Have a huge 10 point on his wife’s family farm, we going to try and get her on it during bow season.... hopefully before the neighborhood deer doggers have their dogs “slip the kennel”.

On our lease we are blind still, had a beaver chew down one of the cameras and drag it into the water.
Other place that was holding big deer at the end of the year we’ve seen nothing but does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her brother has deer dogs. its legal down where i hunt, but these guys just run them anywhere they see deer and keep them on the move. We were down there two weeks ago and 8 dogs "got out"...
Running deer in my county is illegal but running rabbits or yotes is legal. The guys I know that "rabbit hunt" only run beagles around here so it's a pretty convincing until you see that they have no rabbits bagged :lol:

Running deer in my county is illegal but running rabbits or yotes is legal. The guys I know that "rabbit hunt" only run beagles around here so it's a pretty convincing until you see that they have no rabbits bagged :lol:

Ya can’t get away with “rabbit hunting” with walkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back